Ddr3 1333 only 5.9 WEI WTF?

uriahk

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hello. I am confused about what's going on with my machine.
First a quick spec rundown(then the main question): Asus m4a88td-m
usb 3 sata III mobo, ocz mod xstream pro 600w psu, AMD phenom II x4 955 BE cpu, g skill ripjaws series ddr3 1333 4gb total (2x2gb kit) running in dual channel according to how I plugged it into the mobo and according to cpu id. Also, I have all the specs for this ram set
how g skill instructs. 1333 7 7 7 21 2t (or 2n) at 1.5v
yet I get a WEI of 5.9
I read that this ram easily pulled 7's in WEI.
Also, a friend of mine scored a 6.2 with his ddr2 800, so this is
really making me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Solution
In Windows 7 your RAM score is capped at 5.9 if you have less than 4GB. If you are using the integrated graphics your are probably giving some of your RAM to it, leaving less than 4GB.
Is that 5.9 your overall system score, or the RAM-specific score? If it's the overall score, it's based on the slowest component -- your hard drive.

And the score does depend on which CPU you have -- Intel scores better than AMD. Also note that WEI isn't actually a real benchmark of performance.

If you have them at the correct speed and timings and in the correct slots, then you are getting the performance that you're supposed to be getting.

austin512

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
In Windows 7 your RAM score is capped at 5.9 if you have less than 4GB. If you are using the integrated graphics your are probably giving some of your RAM to it, leaving less than 4GB.

Solution