Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about ssd???

Last response: in Storage
July 25, 2012 6:51:27 PM

so I have a OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III witch is an ssd I perchased off newegg it clames to have 9! second boot times... and thats were my Question comes in to play... i am getting 25-30 second boot times and i was woundering how i could make it faster?????...

as far as data i don't have much on it...it has an sata 3 cable and is atached to a sata 3 port on motherboard...it is getting all it's power...i checked the bios it seams to be set for high speed sata 3 IDE mode ...

i am running windows 7 64bit home pre sp 1
i7 procceser quad core 3820
8gb ram ddr3 1600
amd 6970 video card
and an 850w 80+ silver power supply
a few hdd and of course the ssd

thanks.....

More about : question ssd

Best solution

a c 539 G Storage
July 25, 2012 8:10:45 PM

jerador said:
...i checked the bios it seams to be set for high speed sata 3 IDE mode ...

Your SSD has to be in AHCI mode for best performance, not IDE mode.

If you are in IDE mode you have to edit the Windows Registry file before you can change to AHCI mode.
Here's a link for instructions: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/content.php?286...

Also, boot times will vary from system to system depending on what startup programs (backup, anti-virus, etc.) you have installed.
August 1, 2012 3:27:03 PM

Dereck47 said:
Your SSD has to be in AHCI mode for best performance, not IDE mode.

If you are in IDE mode you have to edit the Windows Registry file before you can change to AHCI mode.
Here's a link for instructions: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/content.php?286...

Also, boot times will vary from system to system depending on what startup programs (backup, anti-virus, etc.) you have installed.

thanks man ...i feel like a dork to be honest but hey at least i know now right:) 
m
l
August 1, 2012 3:27:52 PM

Best answer selected by jerador.
m
l
!