Sign in with
Your question

How do i connect speakers to my computer

Last response: in Systems
June 5, 2010 5:06:10 AM

Hi there so I have a Logitech X-530 speakers , so please help my how do I connect this speakers to my desktop computer please . Thanks so much .
June 5, 2010 5:23:13 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Homebuilt Systems by The_Prophecy
m
l
June 5, 2010 9:36:11 AM

Can you post your Mobo model number as well so I can see what ports you have for sound, Cheers
Moto
m
l
Related resources
June 5, 2010 10:18:50 AM

The Front Right speaker of the X-530 series is the controller for your speaker system. There are two sets of cables coming from that speaker. One terminates in a d-sub 15 pin connector which connects to your sub-woofer. The other cable terminates into three 3.5mm jacks which plug into your computer's audio out ports. These jacks are colored. green/orange/black.

If your system/motherboard has color-coordinated audio ports, it's as simple as that. If your system has only a single audio output port, use the green jack.

I agree with Moto, though, that more information is needed. If you're not sure what motherboard you have installed, the maybe a picture of the rear of your system would help.

-Wolf sends
m
l
April 29, 2012 10:28:42 PM

Hi, my Sony Vaio I bought about a year and a half ago only has a black and orange port, but no green. I've tried mixing and matching the jacks in the ports but I can't seem to get each speaker in this system to work. I can only seem to get only the front two satellites, or the back two satellites to work, but not all simultaneously. Could someone help?
m
l
April 30, 2012 1:11:55 PM

The two ports on the Sony Vaio are probably for external speakers and microphone input (not sure which is which). Not sure you have the option of getting surround sound from your system.

-Wolf sends
m
l
May 1, 2012 12:20:39 AM

Damn it. That blows man. is there some kind of attachment i could get?
m
l
!