Tons of errors and problems with new system...please help me

french_guy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Hello
I just bought a new system (X6 1055T + GA 880GM UD2H + Kingstone SSD V serie 64Gb + 2x2Gb DDR3 EDATA 1600G + Windows 7 x64))
I still have some errors (instability, freeze, etc..) This is my second set of ram. My 1st try was with 2x2Gb GSkill Ripjaws, and it was even worse
I though it was better with the new eDATA DDR3 (Newegg has good review)
I even re-installed Windows 7, and was able to encode 3 movies in a raw with handbrake without any crash or freeze
Bu this morning, when i started my computer, nothing on the screen. The indicator on the screen satyd ornage while it should turn blue
I did a reset 1 or 2 times, and then finally was able to start windows, but got a freeze few minutes after (f\glitches on the screen)
Then I decided to run a memtest (memtestv86 v4.10)
At around 45%, I've got 518,912 errors....!!!!
What's the issue?
Is it the RAM again, and I should try with a third set (!!!), or should I return my mobo+CPU and go for a i5-750 and another mobo for that CPU?

I'm completely lost..This is not my 1st built, but this is the first where I have so many issues!!!

I need some help please

french_guy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Yes, timing are OK (9-9-9-24)
Voltage are by default. Spec on DDR3 says 1.55 to 1.75V. I think I have 1.55V by defaut on my mobo
I tried stick #1 on slot #1 ---> no errors on 1 pass
I tried stick #2 on slot #1 ---> Beeps, couldn't boot
I tried stick #2 on slot #2 ---> no error on 1 pass
I'm triying right now stick #1 on slot #1 and stick #2 on slot #2, 1st pass just completed with no error (I cross my fingers for next passes)
If I have no errors, should I keep my RAM and consider it's OK, or should I return it knowing I had an issue with stick #2 on slot #1? Or can it be an error from the motherboard?
Or if I have errors in the next passes, should I increase the voltage (+0.1V for example)?

french_guy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
UNBELIEVABLE....
I ran memtest86 for more than 3 hours, 4 passes completed without a single error
Then I luanched DVD shrink and got an error after 1 minute only!!!!
Then, it was impossible to boot (long beep)
I had to remove 1 stick, reinstall it right away and was able to boot again
I went into the BIOS and increased the RAM voltage of 0.05V

I don't know what to do....................!!!!