Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3

Warrez

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
ok so this is about the VGA Switch card that comes with the motherboard... i've read manual ( not much of information anyway ) and read few post on the internet here and there... and the more i read the more i get confused can someone tell me for SURE!! HOW DOES THIS THING WORK...

ok so i am planning to install Radeon HD 6970 into the board and from what i read i need to put it in the blue PCI-E slot and put VGA switch card into grey/white PCI-E slot to make the blue slot gain 16x speed otherwise it will use 8x but in Here says that if i install my graphic card in the grey/white slot it will automatically just gain 16x speed if the blue slot is empty... so which one is correct? o_O i myself haven't tested any of this yet since I'm in middle of building it >.>

sorry for my English not my first language and thanks in advance for the answer

tecmo34

Administrator
Page 2-20 of the manual lays out how the cards should be installed...

■Single Card - PCIe x16_1 Gray - Install VGA Switch, install GPU in PCIe x16_2 Blue - X16
■Single Card - PCIe x16_1 Gray - No VGA Switch, install GPU in PCIe x16_2 Blue - X8
■Dual Cards - Single Card - PCIe x16_1 Gray - X8, PCIe x16_2 Blue - X8

You want to install the card in the blue slot with the VGA Switch, unless running Crossfire.