[Upgrading System]400$ Advice.

hessieng

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1 month from now
BUDGET RANGE: 300~450 $

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (mostly gaming and surfing the net and maybe watching movies)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard , mouse , speakers , Monitor , Sound card

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com , ebay.com , amazon.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: GOOD + CHEAP i dont have a favorite brand although i heard that AMD processors are cheap

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

Current Components :

Processor : Intel Pentium D 915 D CPU 2.80 GHZ

MotherBoard : 945PL-S3P gigabyte Tech.

Ram : DDR2 Kingstone

Graphics card : Nvidia Geforce 9400GT DDR2 1 GB

ADVICE NEEDED IN :

at 1st i was thinking of updating my Graphics Card(was upgrading to ATI HD 5770) for my gaming needs then i was ad-viced to upgrade my
Processor 1st ... i have a budget of 400$ ... i need something to stay with me for 2~3 more years and cheap and good at the same time .... like a quadro? or an i5 (Found 1 for 200$ i think) or maybe amd (was told it was cheaper and same power) ... the cheaper the better so i can upgrade my graphics card too ... and if the processor needs a motherboard .. ill have to buy one .. so suggest some for me ... rember i dont care if its AMD or INTEL as long it give me my needs (better gaming)

hessieng

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

i have 2GB DDR rams ... and am only upgrading i alerady have an HDD ODD and those stuff

hessieng

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
DRAM FREQUENCY 335.0 MHZ
Size 2048 MBytes
Channels# Single

thats what CPU-Z says .. cause am kinda a newbie ... just started getting the HARDWARE bussiness and please answer my amd Questions ... Thanks

hessieng

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
For you the Athlon is the way to go, the phenoms have extra L3 cache, which boosts performance by 10%, but you can beat the Athlon's Price/performance ratio.

Now about the Mother Board... what choses do i have other than that MSI? i need it to have sound card built in... (sorry if am bothering you .. u are really a pro ) :)