Closed

How powerful are cellular cpu's in comparison to desktop ones?

So how powerful are the cpu's in modern smartphones? Ones like the Apple A4 @1Ghz, or the ARM Cortex @ 1Ghz. I know they are no match whatsoever for modern cpu's, but what cpu's from the past can they compete with?
8 answers Last reply
More about powerful cellular comparison desktop ones
  1. Uhh... Pentium 3?? Dunno.
  2. The modern Cell phone processors are slower than Desktop processors with same speed.
    (That's what i read in a review some time ago.. )
  3. unknown_13 said:
    Uhh... Pentium 3?? Dunno.

    no... a P3 can handle XP or 98..... but those cell phone cpu can't... u can't compare them.... :non:
  4. rohn_avni said:
    no... a P3 can handle XP or 98..... but those cell phone cpu can't... u can't compare them.... :non:


    Dude i dunno that much of cellular CPU's:D
  5. unknown_13 said:
    Dude i dunno that much of cellular CPU's:D

    i my self have a Samsung Omnia i8910 HD...which has....ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz CPU
    but still it can't handle any destop os cause they r not meant to do that work... they r super fine with cell phones..... :D
  6. rohn_avni said:
    i my self have a Samsung Omnia i8910 HD...which has....ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz CPU
    but still it can't handle any destop os cause they r not meant to do that work... they r super fine with cell phones..... :D


    OK:D
  7. yannifb said:
    So how powerful are the cpu's in modern smartphones? Ones like the Apple A4 @1Ghz, or the ARM Cortex @ 1Ghz. I know they are no match whatsoever for modern cpu's, but what cpu's from the past can they compete with?


    Read an informative article about mobile phone processors and their comparison. Hope this would be of help to you guys - http://india-mobilewatch.blogspot.com/2012/01/mobile-phone-processors.html
  8. This topic has been closed by Hunter315
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Desktops Smartphones Apple Cortex