Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire HD 5770 3d clocks on idle

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2010 12:38:42 AM

okay here's the deal:

I've set up my machine and I have 2 HD 5770's crossfired, here's a quick summary of whats going on:
A) 1st HD 5770 in a PCI-E slot x16 @ x16 - this one runs 3d clocks even in the desktop, it runs slightly hotter, my system boots via this card
B) 2nd HD 5770 in a PCI-E slot x16 @ x4 - my secondary card, my display is connected to this device via HDMI, runs 2d clock in desktop/idle

note: CCC tells me that A) is disabled when I'm on the desktop and shows 0% activity and 0 degrees temperature, but on the other hand GPU-Z tells me that A) is still on and runs at 850/1200 (3d clocks) but with 0% activity, but is still hotter than B)

I'm confused on which of them is right, assuming that card A) is indeed on and is running 3D clocks how do I fix it? or is it really supposed to be like that?
Anonymous
May 1, 2010 3:53:48 AM

vertical777 said:
okay here's the deal:

I've set up my machine and I have 2 HD 5770's crossfired, here's a quick summary of whats going on:
A) 1st HD 5770 in a PCI-E slot x16 @ x16 - this one runs 3d clocks even in the desktop, it runs slightly hotter, my system boots via this card
B) 2nd HD 5770 in a PCI-E slot x16 @ x4 - my secondary card, my display is connected to this device via HDMI, runs 2d clock in desktop/idle

note: CCC tells me that A) is disabled when I'm on the desktop and shows 0% activity and 0 degrees temperature, but on the other hand GPU-Z tells me that A) is still on and runs at 850/1200 (3d clocks) but with 0% activity, but is still hotter than B)

I'm confused on which of them is right, assuming that card A) is indeed on and is running 3D clocks how do I fix it? or is it really supposed to be like that?

hey....

May be u shud ry refiting both the card,one by one ..
first fix A) alone ,let the system boot and note what GPUZ says as well as CCC.
second B) alone ,let the system boot and note what GPUZ says as well as CCC.
third C) try both A) and B),do the same. : :pt1cable: 

Hope tis sol he problem........

if not we'll try again.......
m
l
May 1, 2010 5:37:08 AM

^ tried your suggestion but it didn't work... It seems that it only does this on crossfire mode, any ideas?

when I only put in 1 card , checked GPU-Z,the clocks are normal, then I tried 2 cards but not in crossfire: still normal, then I turned on crossfire and then it starts acting up again.it seems to be a crossfire issue, any way to fix this?

edit: CCC randomly shows the other card running on 850/1200 then reverts back to the 0 values, I've checked and no gpu intensive programs are running in the background. on a side note: I've done a fresh clean install of the 10.4 this probably isn't a bad driver issue, but maybe a driver version issue?
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2010 6:21:59 AM

OMG....

tis is really sucking now....
OK we are not going to stop till this is donee....right???

1)Try some other memory clock readers such as CPUz or everest or powerstrip or any other u know.....
links

>CPUz:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/CPU-Z-Download-69...

>everest:
http://download.cnet.com/Everest-Ultimate-Edition/3000-...

>powerstrip:
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=PowerSt... searchtype=downloads

I told u this becoz I had 1gb 9400Gt but the GPUz shows that the memory is only 512mb......I checked there was no shring...I got correct memory when I used CPUz ,good tool.

2)The another problem which I had was the clokc was'nt seen correctly on my girlfriend's computer so I uninstalled the driver fully ,deleted any of the folders which remains and at last installed Catalyst 10.2,Then the problem was solved.u can try it,but first uninstall the 10.4 and again install the same ,but dont forget to delete any of related folder.

3)try to get more developed and efficient driver from ATI site listed below,just select OS,type of mb and card....

here we go
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

go one...
please report back........

wish u all th luck........
m
l
May 1, 2010 7:44:15 AM

I figured it out! It seems that my mobo or the cards itself don't like that I connect the display via HDMI to the secondary card which in this case card B) [look at my first post]

note that my mobo has 2 PCI-E slots: x16@x16 and x16@x4.. well my original set up was slap in the 2 cards then connect my display to the x16@x4 slot video card(this is with crossfire on), and then I ended up with my problem.

but when I tried connecting the display (via HDMI cable) to the main card in the x16@x16 slot the problem was fixed. I can't believe that it was that simple, maybe it's a bug? anyway both cards now run in 2d mode upon booting.

@Tan007
thanks for the help, I appreciate it
:) 
m
l
May 1, 2010 10:15:32 AM

Heyy.........

thats nice u solved de pro...

good job.
m
l
!