Sign in with
Your question

5750 crashed on my pc but works on others

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2010 1:26:27 AM

I have had a 5750 in my computer for about 1 month and yesterday it just stopped working. It was working fine and I shut down the pc for about 1 hour, then when I turned it back on instead of 1 short beep at start up it made 1 long 2 short and the screen was blank. When I took the card back for warranty, it worked in their machine but still wouldn't work in mine. They gave me a new 5750 card which works fine. Now I am worried that maybe my machine broke the first and could break this as well as I just can't work out how it works in one and not another.
So can anyone tell me why it could work in one machine and not in another?

More about : 5750 crashed works

a c 169 U Graphics card
May 1, 2010 9:59:40 AM

Please post your full system specs
May 1, 2010 1:35:23 PM

Yea, need to know CPU, OS, and especially power supply. Could be the power supply is not strong enough or is failing and somehow a spike or brownout damaged the card. However that does not explain why the card worked on a different computer. Maybe you just had a loose power connector or the card was somehow not seated properly in the motherboard.
You could also have a driver problem or a virus or some software that is causing intermittant conflicts.
Related resources
May 2, 2010 10:31:19 AM

OK sorry everyone new to this. GA-MA770T-UD3 DDR3 mother board, G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 ram, AMD AM3 Phenom II x4 925 CPU, 2x Seagate SATA 500GB HDD in RAID-0, Windows 7 64bit. Gigabyte HD5750 PCI-E VGA card, Thermaltake V3 black ed. with 450W PSU.
The PSU could be a likely cause for concern as it is the one that comes with the V3 case. When I was building this I tried to find out the specs etc and found it difficult to find. MSY told me it is as good as a base model cooler master and when the card crashed another shop looked at my whole system and I asked about the PSU and he said although it isn't that good it should do the job. I don't really put any load on the card as I only play poker on the computer, I don't play 3d games or anything like that.
May 10, 2010 12:59:23 PM

Best answer selected by smash_74.
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2010 5:48:48 PM

1 long beep 2 short beeps, states that the motherboard can't acces the gpu. If the gpu is fine, then is a motherboard issue. Reset cmos and see what happens.
!