Return of the old TR2 GREAT WALL challenge...

I shaved some time off my personal record on this challenge ( running
the Great Wall section at the start of TR2 for speed, while getting all
three 'dragons' and NOT firing a single shot )...did it in 11:59 this
time! Though, if I recall, the record is still something just under 10
minutes ( though I'm afraid I forget who set it ).

Anyway...proof of my latest run is posted on alt.binaries.lara.croft.

Some of the new people here should give it a try...get some new blood on
the floor, er...I mean, in on it. < ahem >

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
I can't tell you how much I hate those damned ravens!!!

Gordian Slash wrote:

> I shaved some time off my personal record on this challenge ( running
> the Great Wall section at the start of TR2 for speed, while getting all
> three 'dragons' and NOT firing a single shot )...did it in 11:59 this
> time! Though, if I recall, the record is still something just under 10
> minutes ( though I'm afraid I forget who set it ).
>
> Anyway...proof of my latest run is posted on alt.binaries.lara.croft.
>
> Some of the new people here should give it a try...get some new blood on
> the floor, er...I mean, in on it. < ahem >
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> I can't tell you how much I hate those damned ravens!!!

It's old news now!

I just ran it again and did it in 9:54 ( definitely a personal best )
!!! This is with all three pick-ups ( dragons ), NO shots fired, and
using ONLY one ( damned ravens !!! ) medipack. Proof of run posted on alt-binaries.lara.croft...

Can anyone beat that? < intense hubris mode >

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.

Gordian Slash typed:

> Gordian Slash wrote:
>>
>> I shaved some time off my personal record on this challenge ( running
>> the Great Wall section at the start of TR2 for speed, while getting all
>> three 'dragons' and NOT firing a single shot )...did it in 11:59 this
>> time! Though, if I recall, the record is still something just under 10
>> minutes ( though I'm afraid I forget who set it ).
>>
>> Anyway...proof of my latest run is posted on alt.binaries.lara.croft.
>>
>> Some of the new people here should give it a try...get some new blood on
>> the floor, er...I mean, in on it. < ahem >
>>
>> --
>> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
>> I can't tell you how much I hate those damned ravens!!!
>
> It's old news now!
>
> I just ran it again and did it in 9:54 ( definitely a personal best )
> !!! This is with all three pick-ups ( dragons ), NO shots fired, and
> using ONLY one ( damned ravens !!! ) medipack. Proof of run posted on
> alt-binaries.lara.croft...

<lost all focus on topic with two words>: "Damned Ravens" Heyyyyyyyy!
Watch that swearing buster! I will say no more (for once). :p

> Can anyone beat that? < intense hubris mode >
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.

<harumphf>
Ms T
aka RavenSpirit

Ms T wrote:

> Gordian Slash typed:
>
> > Gordian Slash wrote:
> >>
> >> I shaved some time off my personal record on this challenge ( running
> >> the Great Wall section at the start of TR2 for speed, while getting all
> >> three 'dragons' and NOT firing a single shot )...did it in 11:59 this
> >> time! Though, if I recall, the record is still something just under 10
> >> minutes ( though I'm afraid I forget who set it ).
> >>
> >> Anyway...proof of my latest run is posted on alt.binaries.lara.croft.
> >>
> >> Some of the new people here should give it a try...get some new blood on
> >> the floor, er...I mean, in on it. < ahem >
> >>
> >> --
> >> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> >> I can't tell you how much I hate those damned ravens!!!
> >
> > It's old news now!
> >
> > I just ran it again and did it in 9:54 ( definitely a personal best )
> > !!! This is with all three pick-ups ( dragons ), NO shots fired, and
> > using ONLY one ( damned ravens !!! ) medipack. Proof of run posted on
> > alt-binaries.lara.croft...
>
> <lost all focus on topic with two words>: "Damned Ravens" Heyyyyyyyy!
> Watch that swearing buster! I will say no more (for once). :p
>
> > Can anyone beat that? < intense hubris mode >
> >
> > --
> > rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> > Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.
>
> <harumphf>
> Ms T
> aka RavenSpirit

Hahahaha... Hit a never, has he? ;)

So, Ms T, what would *you* say about the Ravens in the game? :)

-- G

Ms T wrote:

> Gordian Slash typed:
>
> > Gordian Slash wrote:
> >>
> >> I shaved some time off my personal record on this challenge ( running
> >> the Great Wall section at the start of TR2 for speed, while getting all
> >> three 'dragons' and NOT firing a single shot )...did it in 11:59 this
> >> time! Though, if I recall, the record is still something just under 10
> >> minutes ( though I'm afraid I forget who set it ).
> >>
> >> Anyway...proof of my latest run is posted on alt.binaries.lara.croft.
> >>
> >> Some of the new people here should give it a try...get some new blood on
> >> the floor, er...I mean, in on it. < ahem >
> >>
> >> --
> >> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> >> I can't tell you how much I hate those damned ravens!!!
> >
> > It's old news now!
> >
> > I just ran it again and did it in 9:54 ( definitely a personal best )
> > !!! This is with all three pick-ups ( dragons ), NO shots fired, and
> > using ONLY one ( damned ravens !!! ) medipack. Proof of run posted on
> > alt-binaries.lara.croft...
>
> <lost all focus on topic with two words>: "Damned Ravens" Heyyyyyyyy!
> Watch that swearing buster! I will say no more (for once). :p
>
> > Can anyone beat that? < intense hubris mode >
> >
> > --
> > rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> > Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.
>
> <harumphf>
> Ms T
> aka RavenSpirit

Did I say ravens!? Clearly I meant evil black vulpine death-birds of an
arbitrarily designed demonic archtype! Not ravens...no...no, certainly
not lovely symbolic historically significant ravens! No, never. < whew!
mode > :-0

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Nevermore.

Gordian Slash typed:

> Ms T wrote:
>>
>> Gordian Slash typed:
>>
>>> Gordian Slash wrote:

<.....>

>>> It's old news now!
>>>
>>> I just ran it again and did it in 9:54 ( definitely a personal best )
>>> !!! This is with all three pick-ups ( dragons ), NO shots fired, and
>>> using ONLY one ( damned ravens !!! ) medipack. Proof of run posted on
>>> alt-binaries.lara.croft...
>>
>> <lost all focus on topic with two words>: "Damned Ravens" Heyyyyyyyy!
>> Watch that swearing buster! I will say no more (for once). :p
>>
>>> Can anyone beat that? < intense hubris mode >
>>>
>>> --
>>> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
>>> Not a replacement for genuine human interaction.
>>
>> <harumphf>
>> Ms T
>> aka RavenSpirit
>
> Did I say ravens!? Clearly I meant evil black vulpine death-birds of an
> arbitrarily designed demonic archtype! Not ravens...no...no, certainly
> not lovely symbolic historically significant ravens! No, never. < whew!
> mode > :-0
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> Nevermore.

<snert>

Hmm. Could have been the solar flares reaching my orbit just as I read
that. We're cool then. :) (that spot in the game did annoy me on many
levels)

I just hope IRL I can get to create a user made level and I'll be certain to
include (if possible) ravens somehow. Perhaps as the Hands-of-Wind
messengers to aid Lara to a secret that has full life healing health packs
for the rest of the level? Just typing the thoughts as they occur, sorry.

Carry on everyone, there is nothing further to see here. ;)

OX
Ms T
--ever changing calm

The other great wall challenge:

Getting on top of the towers on both sides of the semi-broken bridge.

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The other great wall challenge:
>
> Getting on top of the towers on both sides of the semi-broken bridge.

Ha! Just entering the Great Wall on a replay of TR2 from the beginning!

I've GOT to get Venice right this time....and Floating Islands. And get
all the secrets! I got the first Dragon in the drop off point ledge.
yeah, that was an easy one to remember. In Venice, it took me forever
to get through it, and I didn't do it right at all, so...this is
actually my true second time through Venice proper :)
McG.

In article <XzBJd.68412$Z%.30055@fe1.texas.rr.com> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> writes:

>"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The other great wall challenge:
>>
>> Getting on top of the towers on both sides of the semi-broken bridge.

>Ha! Just entering the Great Wall on a replay of TR2 from the beginning!

>I've GOT to get Venice right this time....and Floating Islands. And get
>all the secrets! I got the first Dragon in the drop off point ledge.
>yeah, that was an easy one to remember. In Venice, it took me forever
>to get through it, and I didn't do it right at all, so...this is
>actually my true second time through Venice proper :)
>McG.

Speaking of Venice, I recall some way to actually skip the entire level by
simply swimming under the final gate. Memory fails me on how to actually
accomplish this. Anyone remember?

> Speaking of Venice, I recall some way to actually skip the entire level by
> simply swimming under the final gate. Memory fails me on how to actually
> accomplish this. Anyone remember?

It's not the final gate, but the room with the button that opens the
final gate. If Lara swims under the gate to that room, instead of
exiting via the ramp, the timer never starts, and Lara can take
her time exiting this level.