Samsung 830 in BIOS not in Disk Management

jim hubbard

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
UPDATE: The drive does NOT show in BIOS. The thing that I thought was the drive was the optical drive.....ugghhhh. Sorry about that.....

Hello,

I have a G73jh that I am trying to upgrade with a Samsung 830 256GB SSD. I removed the second (data) drive and installed the 830 so that I could copy over my OS from my current HDD to it.

The 830 shows in BIOS. BIOS is set to AHCI. The drive does not show AT ALL in Disk Management.

I have removed and re-installed it twice. I have taken pics of Disk Management with it installed and without - no difference.

Samsung SSD Magician has been updated and does not see the drive.

I'm kinda stuck.

jim hubbard

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
But GParted could see it and format it.

I tried to post this as soon as I could, but trying to log into the forums on an iPhone is #$$%$# impossible to do.

I have read elsewhere that it is something to do with the original ASUS setup that causes the problem, so I am going to attempt a clean install.

I will post my results within the hour (or two).

jim hubbard

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
I don't know what to tell you guys. The drive would not show in BIOS. BIOS only showed the Seagate 5400 RPM 500GB OS drive and the CD drive.

Gparted and Easeus Partition Magic both could see and manipulate the SSD drive booting from their respective CDs.

I finally gave in after 4 hours and just did a clean install of Win7. THEN the machine recognized it and all seems to be well so far.

I'll post Novabench before and after scores in a few minutes.