Sign in with
Your question

ASUS DRW-24B1ST Will not write

Last response: in Storage
July 27, 2012 1:37:58 AM

Hey, I have an ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD/CD Burner, and it won't burn DVDs. I'm trying to burn an image in DeepBurner, and I'm getting the response "Not a writing drive" and "writing drives not found". Also, if I try to burn this image using Windows 7's stock image writer, I get this: "The selected disc image file isn't valid." For one, I know this image isn't corrupted and that it's a valid ISO. Second, Deepburner gives the response before I even load up the image. This really annoys me, I can't find any drivers on ASUS's website, and I tried running the firmware update, only to get "No matched drive detected! This utility is only for ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive."

Then it says:
"Detected drives:
2-4-0-0 E:ASUS DRW-24B1ST c 1.05"

This is even more confusing since the drive listed is obviously a 24B1ST.

Help please. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, an i5-2500k o/c to 4.5ghz, MSI Z77A-G45 mobo.

Thanks.

More about : asus drw 24b1st write

November 20, 2012 4:36:24 PM

try deleting the ASUS DRW-24B1ST c 1.05"
from device manager
restart computer
then see if problem is solved
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b G Storage
November 20, 2012 5:51:14 PM

In addition, you can also try the longshot of deleting the upper and lower filters from the registry. About as likely to resolve the issue as removing the driver from the device manager, but it only takes a few minutes to try, so may as well give it a shot.

If that doesn't work, send me a PM or email and I can collect some particulars from you in preparation for setting up an RMA for you if it's under warranty still.
m
l
!