Creating User Accounts

February 9, 2005 4:29:09 PM

Hello

I'm running Server 2003 as a Domain Controller and W2K Advanced Server for
the Exchange 2000 server.

If I use Active Directory from the Domain Controller to create a new user
account I am NOT given the option to create a mailbox for that user. Nor can
I create a mailbox for this user from the Exchange Server at a later date.

If I use Active Directory from the Exchange Server to create a new user
account I am given the option to create a mailbox. If I choose not to create
the mailbox at that time I am able to go back and create it later.

Two of my Admin PCs also allow for creating new user accounts, with the
option to create a mailbox. I am unable to do this with from any other PC
with AD access. (These two PCs were configured before my time).

Is there some type of extension that needs to be added to the Domain
Controller and any other PC to allow for the creating of user accounts with
the mailbox option? Is this something others have seen before?

Thanks, Paul

More about : creating user accounts

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 12:41:07 PM

Hello

I may have posted this in the wrong area. Will check back to see if anyone
has a solution. Thanks, Paul

"Panicking in Prince George" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm running Server 2003 as a Domain Controller and W2K Advanced Server for
> the Exchange 2000 server.
>
> If I use Active Directory from the Domain Controller to create a new user
> account I am NOT given the option to create a mailbox for that user. Nor can
> I create a mailbox for this user from the Exchange Server at a later date.
>
> If I use Active Directory from the Exchange Server to create a new user
> account I am given the option to create a mailbox. If I choose not to create
> the mailbox at that time I am able to go back and create it later.
>
> Two of my Admin PCs also allow for creating new user accounts, with the
> option to create a mailbox. I am unable to do this with from any other PC
> with AD access. (These two PCs were configured before my time).
>
> Is there some type of extension that needs to be added to the Domain
> Controller and any other PC to allow for the creating of user accounts with
> the mailbox option? Is this something others have seen before?
>
> Thanks, Paul
May 12, 2005 4:02:01 PM

You need to install exchange admin on the domain controller to have that
option...
Hope that helps
Kj

!