64GB v 128GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khuz360

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Hi everyone.. I would like to know if there is any difference between 64GB and a 128GB mSATA drive other than the size and price.. I have come across people who have said that smaller sizes have higher chances of failure but it seems to be opinion only, I have not come across any hard fact or actual evidence to suggest the validity.

Solution
The difference between small capacity ssd's and large capacity ssd's is performance. Larger capacity ssd's usually perform better. That's why manufacturers typically submit their large capacity ssd's for technical reviews. They want to present their ssd's in the most favorable light possible.

For quite some time 120 abd 128 GB ssd's were considered to be the sweet spot. However, things have changed. With lower prices this year the consensus seems to be purchase the largest ssd you can afford at the lowest possible price.
The difference between small capacity ssd's and large capacity ssd's is performance. Larger capacity ssd's usually perform better. That's why manufacturers typically submit their large capacity ssd's for technical reviews. They want to present their ssd's in the most favorable light possible.

For quite some time 120 abd 128 GB ssd's were considered to be the sweet spot. However, things have changed. With lower prices this year the consensus seems to be purchase the largest ssd you can afford at the lowest possible price.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.