Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmills

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
I am working on setting up a NOC. We currently monitor each program on a single 19" screen, but want to consolidate those down to 4-5 60" LCDs. Some programs work well, but some (mostly web-based) do not. When we bring the windows down to 1/4 of the 60" LCD we end up seeing only 1/4 of the content.

Is there some way to get the display to act as 4 separate displays or to scale down windows in IE?

Thanks!

Solution

What version of IE are you using? IE 8 (as well as many other browsers) let you set the zoom factor - the small magnifying glass with the zoom percent in the lower right corner. If you set that at 75% or 50%, then all the displayed page should show in a window.

One thing - if those 60" LCDs are HDTV panels, with...

What version of IE are you using? IE 8 (as well as many other browsers) let you set the zoom factor - the small magnifying glass with the zoom percent in the lower right corner. If you set that at 75% or 50%, then all the displayed page should show in a window.

One thing - if those 60" LCDs are HDTV panels, with 1920 x 1080 resolution, too many windows with lots of small fonts might be difficult to read. I'd consider using 30" 2560 x 1600 monitors instead, with 2-3 windows tiled on each - better resolution albeit at a higher expense. That would be closer to your present setup which is probably 1280 x 960 on those 19" displays.

Solution

jkmills

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
We're currently using IE6 due to some compatibility issues, but I think you may have pointed me in the right direction with that. I knew it was something I was overlooking.

As for the 30 vs 60, we don't necessarily need to be able to read the fonts, etc. The idea is to have all the programs up there so we can see alerts, color codes, etc. We then can access the same programs via the use desktops to acknowledge the alerts, etc.

Thanks for you suggestion. We still will have issues with some non-web based apps but I think we are making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.