Help guys......gaming issue

richi143

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Guys i have asus 4870 1 gb ddr5 graphic card.......

my pc config is amd phenom 2 x4 965 BE processor, msi 785g-e53 mobo and 2 gb ddr3 RAM of corsair...i m using windows xp sp2 and catalyst is 9.10 for my grahic card...

The problem is:
Last week i started playing call of duty 6....the game was running fine and i completed about 50% game....
from last 3 days a problem occured that sometimes when the stage was loading, my pc screen usually blacks out and hangs.......then when i restart my pc, and again loads the stage, it works fine again........and nothin strange happens while playing the game and the game runs smooth......

Now yesterday when next stage was loading, the same happened and when i restarted my pc and again tried to load that stage, it loaded but an error occured...........and after sometime , when i again tried to play the game, that stage started working fine but moving about half a kilometer in game, the texture of surrounding started becoming black, the game hanged and automatically my pc restarted.....

Please help that what is the problem??

is it any hardware issue related to my garphic card or some software issue??

Solution
Well, best start with checking temps of your gfx card, also try updating your gfx card drivers. If that does not work you could re install the game to make sure it is not a corruption in the game itself.

If that does not work, due to the age of your card even if temps look o.k you should make sure to remove the fan and clean it and re-apply thermal paste to the gpu.

That last option is the trickiest and should probably be left till last.
Well, best start with checking temps of your gfx card, also try updating your gfx card drivers. If that does not work you could re install the game to make sure it is not a corruption in the game itself.

If that does not work, due to the age of your card even if temps look o.k you should make sure to remove the fan and clean it and re-apply thermal paste to the gpu.

That last option is the trickiest and should probably be left till last.

Solution

richi143

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
well the temps are nt high......while playing i benchmarked them nt more than 61......

i will try to reinstall the game.....

actully 6 months before i buyed this card.........and i run it on my Pentium 4 PC.....at that time i tried it with Grid..the thing happened that time was whenever i played it on that PC, everytime during gameplay the textures started becoming black and the game crashed.......and this happened with some other games also........

I asked my friend who is having xact same dis card to try in my pc and same happened with his card also while playing grid.....
I also that time tested my card on some other pcs and it worked fine.....
So i reassmbled my PC this month.........but now this is happening...

In this game(cod 6) ....during gameplay i never faced any issue , but everytime when the next stage loads , the problem occours as i mentioned above and in 1 stage it crashed during gameplay.....

is it due to any HARDWARE PROBLEM of my GPU....
i just wanna make sure that it SHUD NOT BE A HARDWARE ISSUE as i have buyed this card from USA and i live in India...

Hmm, doesn't sound gfx related if it was fine in another pc and your friends card suffered the same problem.

Perhaps it is the motherboard ram that is having the problems or it could be cpu related. Easy way to check the ram is to run a program called memtest, it is a free download.

For the cpu, download something like prime95 which will stress test your cpu and tell you if there are any errors.