Disk Clone Freeware

Last response: in Systems
June 6, 2010 8:57:32 AM

Recently my CPU met a disaster & since I replace it. My new CPU comprises of;
Mobo: Asus P5 Delux
Processor: Intel P4 2.8G
HDD: SATA Seagate 500Gb
Ram: Single 2G DDR2
Optical Drive: LG Super Multi (IDE type)
PSU: GigabyteGE-C420A-C2
Graphic & Display: Nvidia GEForce9500 GT512MB. OS: Window XP Professional SP3.
Q1)
With all installation complete, I use back my old HDD with capacity of 150G which is IDE type as slave drive. If I one to clone the new HDD to the slave one, Is there any suggestion for good & reliable freeware.
Q2) Additional I install with Audacity sound recorder software & try to record source from youtube sound with the software selected with Stereo Mix but no wave is presents during recording. Anyone can figure out. Thanks
Please help

More about : disk clone freeware

a b B Homebuilt system
June 8, 2010 9:46:29 PM

Cloning a boot drive is very unlikely to work. New motherboard generally requires a new OS install or you end up with many frustrating driver problems.
m
l
June 13, 2010 2:43:50 PM

Quote:
The P4 2.8gb "IS" your cpu. I hate it when someone refers to a PC as a CPU. Two totally different things.

Why would you want to clone your new hdd (Whats on the new drive? Windows?) to the slave drive?

I don't understand why you want to do this. You can use Acronis true image, but I don't understand the logic of cloning your new drive to your old one.

Oops. Ithough the P4 2.8Gz is a processor unit. By the way thank guy. Cheers
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2010 2:44:15 PM

Dear all'
Just want to use this as back up drive just in case the primary drive fail or corrupted. Recenly I manage to found 1 freeware and reliable that's Easus Todo Bckup 1.1
Thank you all guy. Cheers.
m
l
June 13, 2010 2:49:14 PM

Well guys, thank for the first replied. Any ans for the second?
Cheers.
m
l
June 22, 2010 12:46:57 PM

Quote:
The P4 2.8gb "IS" your cpu. I hate it when someone refers to a PC as a CPU. Two totally different things.

Why would you want to clone your new hdd (Whats on the new drive? Windows?) to the slave drive?

I don't understand why you want to do this. You can use Acronis true image, but I don't understand the logic of cloning your new drive to your old one.

Dear friend,
I get this as a backup when my new hdd finish all the OS & update installation. Sometimes we may get system corrupted or virus attack when surf net, then this backup can clone back to the corrupted hdd to save d hassle re-installation.By d way any recomended antivirus freeware? Previously i did use the acronis but it only for trial period. However I manage find another option which is Easus Todo 1.1 Backup. Is quit good freeware.

Oops. Any ans for Q2?
Apreciated.
m
l
June 22, 2010 12:49:23 PM

Best answer selected by munyc.
m
l
!