GTX 295: one gpu isn't being utilized

Ok this happened yesterday. In L4D2, World in Conflict, HL2, Dragon Age, and every game i have, only one gpu on my 295 is being used. I first noticed b/c the temp of one was significantly higher than the other after games (35 C on gpu 1 and 60 C on gpu 2), then when using EVGA Precision, it confirms that only gpu 2 is being used (through % usage). I have each gpu overclocked to gtx 275 speeds ( 633 core, 1404 shader, and 1134 memory), but i don't think this is the problem as i have been playing like this for a while. Again, the problem is very recent, and going back to stock clocks didn't fix it.

Another piece of info: When running the OCCT gpu test at 1920 x 1080 with shader complexity at 8, i used to get about 50-56 fps. Now with only one gpu being utilized, i get 22-25fps in the exact same test. Any ideas whats going on? Because its actually noticeable in games.
5 answers Last reply
More about utilized
  1. The second GPU decided to go on strike. :(

Meh, Idk lol. Try downloading the latest drivers or rolling back to ones which worked? Some ideas... possibly the other GPU is dead, but really what a weird situation. I heard that Windows 7 190.14 or something ForceWare drivers killed one GPU in 9800GX2 cards.
  2. Lmeow said:
    I heard that Windows 7 190.14 or something ForceWare drivers killed one GPU in 9800GX2 cards.

That's a new one, care to elaborate with links?
  3. I forgot to mention i am using windows 7 64 bit with the 197.45 drivers. But it doesnt make sense to me since nothing's been wrong with this in the past. This is an all of the sudden thing.
  4. Bump: I need help with this guys
  5. UPDATE: Ok i solved the problem, and the cause was drivers. After using driver sweeper and reinstalling the latest drivers it was fine
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx GPUs Games Graphics