Need Advice On Low Budget Gaming PC

aphest

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: The sooner the better, no prefrence

BUDGET RANGE: $0 to $400 (after rebates)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Strictly Gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No preference

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United states

PARTS PREFERENCES: No Preference

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No preference

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024x768 and higher

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like for it to be able to play "Crysis" smoothly, so that is the benchmark. If the computer can run "Crysis", it can run pretty much everything else.

aphest

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Yes yes, i realize its very demanding, which is why my budget doesnt really work well with it. a computer strong enough to play it would probabl cost me 500 to 600+ dollars.

but maybe there is some weird miracle in which, maybe on ebay even, people will sell a computer for less. My brother bought himself a top of the line Quad Core computer with Gefore 9800 GTX for only 500 dollars

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Right now I have a build without an OS that will cost 409.00 before shipping and after rebates. To give you an idea of the costs we're looking at here.

You do realize that Crysis is the most demanding game ever made right?

cmcghee358

Distinguished
The build that I have is a 5770 witha triple core processor for 409. With Win7 thats 508.

If you can raise your budget to 550 to compensate for shipping and associated costs we're in business. If you're looking for a miracle bargain, you're going to have to check Craigslist.com and ebay.com, not Tomshardware.

Unfortunately we work within the contraints of non-auction sites. It wouldn't be feasible for us to search endless auctions etc for someone on here.