Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5P41C or Asus P5K-VM? Urgent response needed

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2011 6:28:33 AM

Hi..

I really need answer to this question as I am confused between the two. I have heard good things about P5K-VM but the other one has support for both DDR2 & DDR3 RAM which is attractive.
I am using a Core 2 Quad Q9400 and will do some overclocking but not going to push it to extreme.
I have tried to google about the P5P41C but could not find anything that would answer my question.

Please help me on this as I need to make this decision today.

Regards
March 2, 2011 7:58:16 AM

Please I need an urgent suggestion..anyone???
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 2, 2011 2:45:37 PM

The G41 is an economy, entry level chpset. No G41 based board is a good overclocker when used with a CPU chip with a 333 MHz FSB.

The FSB of a G41 board can not usually be pushed past 350 - 360 MHz. That means at best a 10% overclock.
m
l
Related resources
March 2, 2011 3:29:39 PM

so can you suggest me any other good asus board for my cpu?
m
l
March 2, 2011 5:51:32 PM

How about Asus P5Q-E? is this a good baord?
m
l
March 3, 2011 3:42:11 AM

Nobody has time to answer this?Or its a very difficult question?
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 3, 2011 12:23:17 PM

Patience, Grasshopper. Sometimes it takes a while to get a reply. For example, if you check, you will see that over 110 people looked at your thread and, for whatever reason, decided not to answer.

I am pretty familiar with the G41 chipset. However I am not familiar with Asus motherboards. Now, if you will consider Gigabyte motherboards (I own 5), I can help.
m
l
June 15, 2011 4:08:32 PM

adiel said:
Hi..

I really need answer to this question as I am confused between the two. I have heard good things about P5K-VM but the other one has support for both DDR2 & DDR3 RAM which is attractive.
I am using a Core 2 Quad Q9400 and will do some overclocking but not going to push it to extreme.
I have tried to google about the P5P41C but could not find anything that would answer my question.

Please help me on this as I need to make this decision today.

Regards

Hi adiel..... im not an xpert with overclocking.. My MOBO is ASUS P5Q3, i have a Q9550 intel quad core cpu with corsair 1600 memory. i manage to overclock it to 3.8ghz 24/7 using ice tower cooler from deep cool.. my higest overclock is 4.25ghz and it still stable for about 6-7hours. now i just stay on 3.8ghz.. for me Asus done a very good job on making their high quality product. all u have to do is refer to asus for the best memory reference. no need to worried about mobo that you choose from asus, coz have a good processor. both mobo are good with your processor, but with P5P41C your will have more speed compare to the P5K-VM..
m
l
!