Main Bios Checksum Error?

krol146

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Hey everyone, i had a little problem when i booted up my PC this morning. When i turned it on, i got a black screen that said "main Bios Checksum Error". Then it said something about "Bios Recovery" from something. Unfortunately i dont quite remember exactly what it said. It was something about bios recovery, and it said that for a few seconds. Then my PC turned off, then back on for a few seconds, turned off again, and then finally on again, all without me touching anything. And then..... Everything was fine. It booted up, i put in my password and everything seems normal. Its the same PC im sitting at right now. But of course im still a bit worried. Anyone know what the problem was/is? And should i be worried that it comes back in a more permanent state?

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i didnt know where else to put it.

krol146

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Even if the problem is gone? Ive had no problems since this morning. I played some video games for a few hours, then turned it off. I turned it back on a few minutes ago, and everything is still fine. It only happened that one time.

kgettys

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I also got the "main Bios Checksum Error" and then it said "Bios Recovery" then it reboot and restart without ever getting to the OS. Removing the battery and waiting a few was the fix!