Intel 520 vs Corsair Force

holycreed

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Many thanks in advance for any help I might get regarding my current dilemma.

The title is self explanatory and the situation is as follows:

Given the performance boosts with the new Intel Smart Response technology I am pretty excited to get myself a new SSD for this sole purpose. My main concern however is what to choose between these two options:

Intel 520 SATA III series vs. Corsair Force SATA III series.

I know little to nothing when it comes to the features an SSD works with (asynchronous technology, sandforce etc.) and am left in blank when comparing these two. The price is only a four dollar difference and the size is the same (60gb) with the deal I'm working with so that's not a concern and both seem pretty good overall.

I value highly the opinion of this forum and would like to hear it, thank you very much and good day.

Solution
Intel 520 by far. Speed wise not much of a difference. But the Intel 520 has a whopping 5 years of warranty, and I think the Force has only 3 years.

The difference between the Intel 520, and what intel prices to be the same as other SSDs, the intel 330, is that the Intel 520 uses long lifespan rated NAND, which leads me to believe that the Force, comparable in pricing to the Intel 330s, uses less longevity NAND.
The Intel has top marks for reliability and speed. The Corsair is in a group of many other sandforce drives with similar performance and reliability (pretty much average). Other recommended brands for reliability with Intel would be Samsung 830 and Crucial M4

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
Intel 520 by far. Speed wise not much of a difference. But the Intel 520 has a whopping 5 years of warranty, and I think the Force has only 3 years.

The difference between the Intel 520, and what intel prices to be the same as other SSDs, the intel 330, is that the Intel 520 uses long lifespan rated NAND, which leads me to believe that the Force, comparable in pricing to the Intel 330s, uses less longevity NAND.

Solution