Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 Pro or P8P67 Deluxe? Availability again

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2011 3:32:58 PM

When will the P8P67 Pro or P8P67 Deluxe mobo be available again? Or should I wait for the X68 series?
March 2, 2011 4:10:34 PM

flsms said:
When will the P8P67 Pro or P8P67 Deluxe mobo be available again? Or should I wait for the X68 series?

p67 boards are popping up again, saw one on newegg yesterday. wait for the p67 pro. just a few weeks I think.
m
l
March 4, 2011 1:30:04 PM

Asus supposedly started shipping this week to retailers so I would say sometime next week or at the latest the following.
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2011 2:23:08 PM

Microcenter has them already. Putting my P8P67 Pro in my chassis now.
m
l
March 4, 2011 4:34:36 PM

microcenter does NOT have the p8p67. They have the H
m
l
March 4, 2011 6:31:03 PM

As far as I've found, no retailers are currently selling any boards for the 1155 socket and utilizing the P67 chipset. Though I am still very new to this, I've been watching for months now and reading everywhere and don't know of anybody yet that claims to have gotten a new updated mobo from any manufactuer yet.

I can't wait till they do - the PRO will be the heart of my system!
m
l
March 4, 2011 7:14:33 PM

They are starting to sell again. Try newegg, or microcenter. Although microcenters website doesn't show them yet they have em'.
m
l
March 4, 2011 9:47:15 PM

Oolawloo said:
microcenter does NOT have the p8p67. They have the H

Yeah your right. I did not go to MC yesterday and buy a Pro and I am not typing on it inside my computer right now.......

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
March 5, 2011 11:18:06 AM

I just got my RMA letter from New Egg stating they have boards ready to ship to replace those who bought the ones with a possible defect. I should have it next week and before I even have to remove the old one.
m
l
March 5, 2011 1:11:35 PM

templarklimek said:
They are starting to sell again. Try newegg, or microcenter. Although microcenters website doesn't show them yet they have em'.

Yep, been watching newegg like a hawk, but I've yet to see them there. If they are popping up, they get snatched up immediately. I suppose if updated boards are getting released, it is definitely in limited quantities.

m
l
March 5, 2011 1:20:33 PM

highpsi said:
Yep, been watching newegg like a hawk, but I've yet to see them there. If they are popping up, they get snatched up immediately. I suppose if updated boards are getting released, it is definitely in limited quantities.

Whatever supplies they have are going first to those who purchased the originals.
m
l
March 5, 2011 2:56:43 PM

z06psi said:
Yeah your right. I did not go to MC yesterday and buy a Pro and I am not typing on it inside my computer right now.......

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not on their website
m
l
March 5, 2011 3:25:45 PM

Just because it is not on their website doesn't mean they don't have them. Call them but I doubt they have any now.
m
l
March 5, 2011 4:29:11 PM

z06psi said:
Just because it is not on their website doesn't mean they don't have them. Call them but I doubt they have any now.

ok i called my closest store and they do have the PRO version. I was looking for the deluxe but I am wondering if the PRO will fulfill my needs? Hmmm. I'll be using 560's SLI, i7 2600k, 8GB of 1600 RAM. Will the pro be just as good for me? I'm not the most knowledgeable...
m
l
March 5, 2011 7:47:53 PM

Amazon has listed both for pre-order over the last 48 hours. The problem has been that, after ordering them, the page that the listing links to changes to a different product, (although it lists the original product in your order status... clicking on the link takes you to something different). I ordered both the Pro, (initially) and then the deluxe, only to have the same thing happen both times. I chatted with someone at their customer support who spent 15 minutes trying to tell me that the P8P67 Deluxe was the same as ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM, which is what the link in my order takes me to, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen.
m
l
March 5, 2011 8:25:43 PM

Oolawloo said:
ok i called my closest store and they do have the PRO version. I was looking for the deluxe but I am wondering if the PRO will fulfill my needs? Hmmm. I'll be using 560's SLI, i7 2600k, 8GB of 1600 RAM. Will the pro be just as good for me? I'm not the most knowledgeable...

Yes the Pro will be fine. There isn't that much difference between the two. Deluxe doesn't share the 3PCI-E slot like the Pro and the Pro doesn't come with the fancy front panel USB 3.0 bay. However the Pro does come with a USB 3.0 connector panel for the back which I adapted to use in the front for free.

If you are going to use the third PCI-E x 16_3 slot for a high Bandwidth device then wait for the deluxe. If not get the Pro
m
l
March 5, 2011 8:47:43 PM

z06psi said:
Yes the Pro will be fine. There isn't that much difference between the two. Deluxe doesn't share the 3PCI-E slot like the Pro and the Pro doesn't come with the fancy front panel USB 3.0 bay. However the Pro does come with a USB 3.0 connector panel for the back which I adapted to use in the front for free.

If you are going to use the third PCI-E x 16_3 slot for a high Bandwidth device then wait for the deluxe. If not get the Pro

Just returned home with the PRO board, 2600k and c300 SSD!

I was reading through the mobo manual where it talks about the TPU and EPU onboard switch. Should I enable these switches before powering up the machine for the first time? The manual leads me to believe that turning the TPU switch to enable automatically overclocks my system? Is this possible? Forgive my noobness if I am wrong.
m
l
March 10, 2011 2:36:24 AM

Frys says that haven't seen them yet.
m
l
March 10, 2011 6:11:29 AM

I've been searching and haven't found this answered yet.. though I'm sure I'm missing it.

But if you bought the P67 board before the recall notice went out is there a way to hold onto it till Z68 boards come out and just trade in for the price difference? Is there a timelimit on how long the recall is good for and do I need to do something now?
m
l
March 10, 2011 10:55:28 AM

Bladespirits said:
I've been searching and haven't found this answered yet.. though I'm sure I'm missing it.

But if you bought the P67 board before the recall notice went out is there a way to hold onto it till Z68 boards come out and just trade in for the price difference? Is there a timelimit on how long the recall is good for and do I need to do something now?

That would depend on the retailer you purchased the board from.
New Egg had an option where you hold on to the board, they call you for a credit card# to hold, and they ship out the replacement. As long as they receive the old board in 30 days with the appropriate RMA info, they don't charge your card.
Hard to beat New Egg
m
l
March 17, 2011 3:00:12 AM

beastrow said:
Amazon has listed both for pre-order over the last 48 hours. The problem has been that, after ordering them, the page that the listing links to changes to a different product, (although it lists the original product in your order status... clicking on the link takes you to something different). I ordered both the Pro, (initially) and then the deluxe, only to have the same thing happen both times. I chatted with someone at their customer support who spent 15 minutes trying to tell me that the P8P67 Deluxe was the same as ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM, which is what the link in my order takes me to, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen.

I've been watching Amazon's listing every day waiting for when I can order my board. I noticed when they put up the product pages for the 1155 boards to order, but as I was inspecting the products and the prices listed, I found it odd that the P8P67 Deluxe was listed cheaper than the Pro or Evo... looking more closely at the product numbers in the info below, it did not match that of the listing heading.

I figured in the rush to put info up, someone screwed up with the listings. By the next day or two the listing heading changed to reflect that of the product number... this was after I submitted suggestions for their product info update.

I would suggest you cancel your order, because you aren't going to get the board you are looking for - Pro or Deluxe. The rep you spoke to was either trying to cover for a mistake they made but couldn't say it, or didn't know about the error. You will get the P8H67-M Pro/Csm board, which is most certainly NOT the same as the P8P67 Deluxe/Pro. The link is correct - they only updated the product label to the correct information after you made your order.

I happened to save the correct links (based on product number) for the Deluxe and Evo in my wishlist - both are still unavailable with no price listed. Only the option of being e-mailed when the product is available. If you search for them, the pages don't come up in the results list, which is odd.
m
l
March 20, 2011 5:45:48 PM

Has anyone here seen availability recently? I see tiger direct has the pro listed for $199, but for some reason I'm hesitant to trust that they actually have them in stock...

Thanks
m
l
March 20, 2011 6:58:38 PM

I ordered the ASRock P67 Extreme4 from superbiiz.com a few days ago, but, after my purchase was placed, I got an email saying the board was OOS. The sales rep told me they'd be getting back in stock this week and will ship it to me autimatically when that happens...so yeah...hopefully soon.
m
l
March 21, 2011 6:11:09 PM

z06psi said:

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rude. Need to calm down bro
m
l
April 11, 2011 5:51:15 PM

z06psi said:
Microcenter has them already. Putting my P8P67 Pro in my chassis now.

Dear z06psi:
Would you take a look at my build at tell me where I'm wrong please...
Now a new question - should I wait for the Z68 to come out.....I can wait a month or so if it is really worth it.........
Thanks
Tom
PS: Z06? Are you talking vettes? I have a Z06 too (2010)
m
l
April 15, 2011 8:01:08 PM

pantbuild said:
PS: Z06? Are you talking vettes? I have a Z06 too (2010)

Apologies for off topic guys, but couldn't help notice this question - 2002 Z06 owner here. :hello: 
I picked that out in that guy's name earlier and had to laugh at how close my name was to his!
m
l
April 16, 2011 6:25:07 PM

talking Z06's is NOT off topic...is it??? (Not to me)
Been lookin at the new ZR1 - oh my!!
m
l
!