Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fatality P67 Professional

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2011 7:51:31 PM

After some troubleshooting advice.

After joyous expectations, I'm pulling my hair out. Recently purchased the following;

Fatality P67 Professional Motherboard
I7 2600k
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM (2x2GB) DDR3
VTX3D Radeon HD6970 2GB
XFX 750W Black Edition

No matter what I seem to do, it won't boot to post. I think it's a motherboard issue as it doesn't utter the usual healthy sounds you hear from a working board.

My original thought when faced with a black screen was a faulty video card, but had no luck when I switched it out with my old (and definitely working) card. Even tried a different monitor to no avail. Different PCI slots - no dice.

The Dr De-bug is not helpful, displaying the number '30' which according to the manual is 'reserved for asl.'

Anyone got any ideas I can try? I have a lan to go to on Saturday, and I have been talking up some serious trash about that awesomeness of my new computer. If I can't get this thing working, I open myself up to all kinds of ridicule.

To whoever can help, I will dedicate my first dozen headshots to your name.
March 2, 2011 8:00:19 PM

Thanks Tecmo34, I was actually perusing that as you posted. In my focus I've been searching too specifically (relating directly to my specific motherboard) and completely forgot to look to the broader troubleshooting guides.

Will try that when I finish work.
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
March 2, 2011 8:13:25 PM

Fatality P67 Professional Motherboard as in the ASROCK aka assrock? bla

try one stick of ram at a time in the CORRECT ram slot, video (if assrock keeps to standards) should go in the very top slot

make sure your aux connector is connected to your mainboard and your video card power connectors are in
March 2, 2011 8:21:02 PM

Will do Apache, I'm probably going to take the entire thing apart and start again from square one.
July 21, 2011 10:36:26 PM

padovan said:
Will do Apache, I'm probably going to take the entire thing apart and start again from square one.

Padovan, having the same issue. I would appreciate what you find as a conclusion. I will continue to search and let you know what I find.
July 29, 2011 3:11:21 AM

databyte said:
Padovan, having the same issue. I would appreciate what you find as a conclusion. I will continue to search and let you know what I find.

Dang knew I forgot something...

It was a bit of a silly one actually.

The issue was with the Noctua NH D14. It sat over the first two ram slots. I followed the instructions given, and it said to install the cooler before putting ram in. I partially installed, and made sure there was enough clearance (all 2mm of it), and then eased the ram into place. Problem was in being so gentle, I didn't seat that first stick of ram properly. Had a face palm moment when I removed the cooler and discovered it.
August 8, 2011 1:04:22 AM

Best answer selected by padovan.
!