Not able to install windows 7 to a new built computer.

ohyesbebes

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
When i try to do custom install and load drivers it tells me this "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

My Hard drive is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145533

My Motherboard is this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131786

Ive googled the problem and ive tried changing settings in the bios for the hard drives but nothing changed. Ive also tried running xp on the computer but also same problem

Solution
Do you have your HDD plugged into one of the SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports? I don't know whether your mobo supports booting from one of those ports - maybe check the manual or call the maker's tech support people.

You certainly should be able to plug into the first of the four SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports and get it to work that way. And you will NOT lose any performance. What? The truth is that no rotating-disk drive can reach even the SATA 3.0 Gb/s performance level, never mind the latest version. So try it that way, and see if Win 7 is happy.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Do you have your HDD plugged into one of the SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports? I don't know whether your mobo supports booting from one of those ports - maybe check the manual or call the maker's tech support people.

You certainly should be able to plug into the first of the four SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports and get it to work that way. And you will NOT lose any performance. What? The truth is that no rotating-disk drive can reach even the SATA 3.0 Gb/s performance level, never mind the latest version. So try it that way, and see if Win 7 is happy.

Solution

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Try the bottom-most two SATA connectors on your MOBO (check the manual to see which ones are bootable).

ohyesbebes

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
I did try all the SATA 3.0gb ports and same thing. I got it fixed now though im not sure what the problem was i took out my graphics card and put it back again and now is installing thanks for the help.

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
Try the above suggestions, if they don't work, try changing the SATA settings to either AHCI or IDE, then RAID, but do not install Windows, this is just to see if it boots (AHCI would be the way to go unless you plan to use RAID for on of its features). If the problem persists, the motherboard could be at fault.

ohyesbebes

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

Yeah i set it to AHCI before from reading old topics from google. The problem is now fixed thanks