Help! e35m1-i deluxe with pci-e tv tuner?

general r2

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I'm not sure if this is right but can we put a pci-e tv tuner card into the new Asus e35m1-i deluxe? the reason i ask, is because looking at the manual, it says a graphics card only. does anyone know about this?

if we can't put a pci-e tv tuner card into the e35m1-i deluxe, what are my options to input tv besides usb? are usb tv tuners good for hd?

please help

thanks.

general r2

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
nevermind, just talked to their technical support.

the pci-e slot can hold ANY pci-e card even if it doesn't use the whole slot.

i received a defective unit. going to exchange for a new one.

also, this mobo can play blu-ray with the built in graphics card. nice.

friedfood

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
The hauppage 2250 wasn't detected in my e35m1-I deluxe. I thought it wasn't the right type of pci express port. If it's the mobo, that's more of a pain than the tuner.

friedfood

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011

Did you have any other advice? I RMA'd the mobo and they are telling me the slot works with a video card. I told them I was using the 2250 tuner and it wasn't detected.

Also, so far the USB tuners kinda suck IMO. I am using Win7 64 media center and I find regular analog cable takes a few seconds to start playing and long to switch channels with the Hauppauge USB. I use my old Hauppauge 250 which still works great.

Hate to dig up an older thread, but...

I recently updated the BIOS on my E35M1-I Deluxe motherboard. Anyway, after setting up the BIOS from the default settings I found that my PCIe TV tuner was not being detected. After a little investigation, I found that when the BIOS is set to use the integrated graphics (IGFX Video) as the primary video device, it would not detect the tuner. If you leave it to the default setting (PCIE Video) the tuner is detected.

Hope that helps.

fischpo

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011

A VERY BIG THANK YOU !!!

I went mad for some days, because I could not figure out, why on earth the TV-Tuner Card has not been recognized, while it has been working fine on other PC.

I must say, that the BIOS setting options including its explanation are totally misleading.
In my case with BIOS v1202 it was enough to check multiple Monitor support (first entry for GPU/CPU related).

I nearly bought an additional PCIe card - which I don't need otherwise - to see, if the PCIe slot is working at all.

patonki

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Could you please post the exact BIOS NB settings and BIOS versions which you used to get this working? I'm currently having same issues with E35M1-I DELUXE and Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual -tv tuner.

fischpo

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
The unit is too far away to check settings exactly.
Just play around a little with the primary video card setting.
If you enable PCI-E as first device it might work (TV card in PCI-E of course).