Ansis

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hi there,
I recently bought my computer which has a Sapphire HD5850 graphic card.
It was working fine and i was getting around 700 fps on video stress tests and constant 300 fps (fps_max 300) on Counterstrike: Source.

I figured i'd partiton my drive just incase there is a virus/trojan so i'd have my OS in C drive, and all my files in the other partition.

After that i went to play CS:S and noticed my fps dropped majorly and was hovering around 15-70 fps. I ran disk defrag and everything, deleted the new volume and added it back to the old partition and even reinstalled my ATI drivers.
Nothing seems to work.

Anyone know the problem please?

The PC is pretty much near to brand new and i doubt it would be the lack of power.

The specs are
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3
Motherboard - ASUS M4A77TD Pro AM3 DDR3 ATI 770 PCI-E
RAM - SuperTalent Performace Series 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3-1600 CL9
Harddrive - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATAII
DVD Drive - LG GH-22LS50 22X LightScribe Black SATA DVD Writer
Graphics Card - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
PSU - Corsair HX650 650W Modular Power Supply
Case - CoolerMaster CM Storm Scout Gaming case No PSU
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64Bit OEM

Ansis

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Nope no torrents running. I don't think fps is controlled by internet. My ping would be high if it was internet.
Might try reinstalling my OS, see how it works. :S

Ansis

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I don't really understand the point of partitioning in case of virus. If you simply do a backup once a month, you don't have to worry about a virus.

I hope you didn't buy that pc to play counterstrike. lol

Yeah, well it's just incase it does go through, i have all my stuff in another place where it won't get infected. But i guess backups and system restore points are best.
No i didn't, it's for a overall gaming computer. Not just Counterstrike.

How did you setup your partitions? did you have a partition just for the os and another for programs? The os and programs should be placed in the same partition w/ work files, (music, movies, pictures, etc) in the other. This keeps the read/write head localized and performance up.

Ansis

Distinguished
May 2, 2010

No i don't apart from teamspeak or vent.

PsyKhiqZero
Yeah i set up my partitions as 1 for OS/Programs and the other for stuff like movies/songs etc.

TRENDING THREADS