Some times power button dont work

quickturk

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
My pc was working alright for last 2 years but yesterday and today, it did not start by pressing power button, i unplugged power wires from motherboard and plugged in again three times then it worked. , this is happening again and again. Sometimes fans will start but it will not boot up, whats the problem, i have not installed any new hardware

quickturk

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
when i was able to get pc on yesterday it was fine till yesterday, today it happened again.

when fan gets on it still dont boot immediately, it takes much times then boots

Assuming you are correct that the case switch is fine,

- does the cpu cooler fan start immediately? The system may not even try to power up if the mobo can't sense the fan spinning. If not, you can try to give the fan a manual assist to start spinning, and if the PC starts that's probably the issue.

- other than that, the issue could be the psu (eg) not starting up when signalled, or mobo not always sending the signal to start-up.

tomaslipa

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
HI,

i had same issue: fans will start but it will not boot up - after checking most of HW parts i have cleaned up case and other parts from dust and works since than.

quickturk

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
it also dont work, restart button or any other button.

now i find a temporary solution, i let computer on without booting for sometime then restart it works then just a 5 minutes are lost

quickturk

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
today it happened again, i gave a blow to cpu then it started, i think something is blocking current to reach motherboard one red light is on and other is not/

where should i look for it?

quickturk

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
If you still can't fix it, there's always one crazy alternative called building a new computer, and you can always ship that system of yours to an address in malaysia, AKA my house..............................................

try using ur PSU on another com, or another PSU on ur com, otherwise take my crazy alternative method
=D

ok send shipping money to my paypal and then.......................... forget about it