Solved

Crucial M4 Raid 0 config question

I just recently bought a crucial m4 128gb SSD and i because i have alot of steam games, i wont be able to install all the ones i like to play without switching to my HDD as the boot device. Would it be worthwhile to purchase another m4 128gb and put them in raid 0? Im not 100% on how raid 0 works but if i remember correct doesnt it basically combine the 2 drives into one so instead of 1 128gb drive you would get like 240gb? If i did buy another would i need anything special or would i just go into my bios and change my ACHI or w/e to RAID? Would i be losing the TRIM feature by switching?

Specs:
CPU: AMD phenom x4 965
GPU: MSI Twin 560 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX
SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1.5 TB
Mobo:M4A79XTD EVO
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crucial raid config question
  1. Best answer
    Instead of creating a RAID-0 array with the 2 drives, just use them as separate drives.
    Use this software for your Steam games: http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover/

Yes, you lose TRIM when you have drives in a RAID array but it’s no big deal. Garbage Collection recovers drive performance.

There’s no fault tolerance with RAID-0. So if one of your drives dies then you lose all of your data.
  2. So if i copy the games over to my C drive and then move them back to the D drive they will be playable from the D drive because of the registrys that were installed? If so that would save me from buying another SSD.
  3. Correct
  4. Best answer selected by wasabi91.
  5. Thank you sir you just save me another 120$ :D
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD NAS / RAID Crucial Storage