Tr1-Bug at end of level.

Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

Hi all,
Just been revisiting Tr1 in all it's glory and found a bug right at the end
of the level I've not encountered before.When you insert the keys gathered
from each god-room to release the bars across the end of level door the lock
nearest the door does not draw back the bar when used.I found that if I
reloaded and used keys in a different sequence then the bug did not
reappear.I hope this helps out anyone who might encounter this bug.

> Just been revisiting Tr1 in all it's glory and found a bug right at the end
> of the level I've not encountered before.When you insert the keys gathered
> from each god-room to release the bars across the end of level door the lock
> nearest the door does not draw back the bar when used.I found that if I
> reloaded and used keys in a different sequence then the bug did not
> reappear.I hope this helps out anyone who might encounter this bug.

You're referring to St Francis Folly level. I think it's just a visual
bug. Even though it doesn't show the bar moving, the door should open
once you use all the keys.

> You're referring to St Francis Folly level.

By the way, three of Lara's bug moves are useful in this
level, here's a link to a video showing them in this order:

side step onto and across collapsing tile for no damage

corner bug (using column just over Damacoles entrance)

drop with action bug (lara "falls" forwards). In this case,
Lara does a hop back with action, but action is released before
she grabs the ledge, and she ends up falling forwards onto
next ledge below. Used here as the easy way to get to that
last secret.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/trbug1.wmv