Sign in with
Your question

HDD is not recognized

Last response: in Storage
July 29, 2012 5:21:05 AM

Hello, just completed my 'New Build and discovered my PC does not recognize my Velocity Raptor, what could be the problem?

More about : hdd recognized

July 29, 2012 2:26:38 PM

Hi Guys

I have the same problem. One of my clients brought a seagate HDD to me because the OS would not start up and I discovered it was not being detected in the bios

I put it in an enclosure with still no luck. There is 3 years of important data on it and the drive still spins up?

Could it be the HDD controller board and I have to send it to a lab to have data recovered.

I could recover the data myself if the HDD was discoverable in bios or via USB

Regards
Roger
MCSA
m
l
a b G Storage
July 29, 2012 4:46:43 PM

Dorsey - make sure you have both data and power cables connected. if the drive spins up try a different port on your motherboard. else try a different drive.

Snet - don't hijack a thread, start your own :) 
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2012 4:49:46 PM

Hi Snet, yeah it does read like we have a similar situation. Lets keep the lines of communication open and either one of us can keep the other abrest of their progress.
Thanks for your response.
m
l
a b G Storage
July 29, 2012 11:44:26 PM

So Dorsey were you able to try any of my suggestions? what troubleshooting have you done?
You have a hard disk being installed in a new computer which could simply be user error while Snet describes a known working hard disk that has failed. While you could also have a defective hard disk, we still haven't ruled out all the other possible factors that could present the same symptom such as a bad data cable or power cord etc.
m
l
!