March 3, 2011 10:49:54 AM

This is what I have
ASUS h55 mobo
i3 cpu
4gb of G-skill 1600 DDR3 memory........
(no GPU)
Windows 7, 64
powerDvd 10

I have 4GB of memory, my computer is reading a little less then 4GB (like 3.85 or something) I keep reading on the web that some mobo's can't read anymore then 4GB?
Seeing as I'm not running a GPU, i have my iGPU memory set at 128mb in the bios.

This is what I have got kind of understood right now.

- Win OS requires 2GB
-PowerDvD 10 system requirements are 2GB
-I set my IGPU at 128mb

This is my Question:

so running 4GB should be good right, and, or would my system read more then 4GB? I'm getting a little delay in playback sometimes and I was thinking it might be a mem problem....let me know if i'm overthinking this one.

More about : memory

a c 128 } Memory
March 3, 2011 11:16:59 AM

8 gb of ram wouldn't hurt. I saw someone selling (2) 4 gb sticks for $45 yesterday on craigslist where I live. I use the same ram as you; I spent $50 on it just a couple of months ago.
m
l
March 3, 2011 4:05:03 PM

Do you think my MoBo would actually recognize ALL 8GB if I put 2 more in? I will just put (2) 2 gb sticks in. I do like this ram tho! for the price you can't beat it....Wow you got a sweet deal!
m
l
Related resources
a c 128 } Memory
March 3, 2011 4:55:20 PM

All you have to do is go to your motherboard webpage on asus website or newegg.com and see the max ram listed and divide by the number of ram slots. I didn't buy the ram as 8 gb uses too much space on my 32 gb ssd, leaving me with only 6 gb of space with windows 64.
m
l
March 3, 2011 5:39:41 PM

YoungBuck said:
I'm getting a little delay in playback sometimes and I was thinking it might be a mem problem
Might be just me, but I think your problem with playback is due to...
YoungBuck said:
This is what I have - (no GPU)

Since you state "no GPU" then I assume you are using the gpu that comes onboard the motherboard/H55 chipset and most likely any issue with "playback" is due to the onboard gpu of which more memory will not help, only getting a dedicated gpu will.

m
l
March 3, 2011 8:28:23 PM

I have the i3 clacksdale cpu with integrated graphics (igpu), I thought it was supposed to handle dvd's and blu ray
m
l
a c 128 } Memory
March 3, 2011 10:14:34 PM

Onboard graphics does handle blu ray, just not as fast as most separate video cards. Did you load the Intel HD driver? The default is plain vga.
m
l
March 4, 2011 12:51:06 AM

HD driver?

thats a good question. When i started the system for the first time I updated windows 7 64 right away, But I didn't see any HD driver? I would think that is something thats programed in the chip it sel,f because thats how they marketed it, and thats why I bought it.......

Thats like selling a sports car without the fast engine lol

m
l

Best solution

a c 128 } Memory
March 4, 2011 12:01:29 PM

The hd driver isn't installed until you load the windows 7 updates, or you can download it separately off Intel's website.
March 4, 2011 5:23:13 PM

I updated windows right when I started up the computer for the first time. Even so I have powerDvD 10 software, I would think that would have done the job?

I just got done looking on the intel website and you are right, I found an up to date graphics driver and some sort of graphics accelerator?
I downloaded both of them, then I ran the program that rates your systems performance and it went from 5.3 to 5.4 so i guess it worked!

Now I need to play a movie and really test it.

Thanks guy......

m
l
March 11, 2011 12:33:38 AM

Best answer selected by YoungBuck.
m
l
!