Original PS1 sounds from TR1 available for PC version XP.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 8, 2005 12:16:22 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a patch for the original sounds
from TR1 Playstation version for PC running XP?They'd add so much more
atmosphere to the game.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:47:59 AM

Guy wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get a patch for the original sounds
> from TR1 Playstation version for PC running XP?They'd add so much more
> atmosphere to the game.

Yes, it'possible with Glidos but only the first three levels are
entirely complete (work in progress).
http://www.glidos.net/audio.html?lang=en
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 2:19:28 AM

Guy wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get a patch for the original sounds
> from TR1 Playstation version for PC running XP?They'd add so much more
> atmosphere to the game.

Best way I found was to run the original Playstation version on the PC,
using a Playstation emulator.

JW
January 9, 2005 10:55:46 AM

Thanks Zebius,your advice is well recieved.
I have upgraded my Glidos version and downloaded the sound patch.
Thanks again.
Guy.

"Zebius" <zbiloCUT@ITneostrada.pl> wrote in message
> Guy wrote:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to get a patch for the original sounds
> > from TR1 Playstation version for PC running XP?They'd add so much more
> > atmosphere to the game.
> >

> Yes, it'possible with Glidos but only the first three levels are
> entirely complete (work in progress).
> http://www.glidos.net/audio.html?lang=en
January 9, 2005 10:56:51 AM

Thanks John,your advice is much appreciated.I have a TR1 PS version and will
try that out.
I have heard of PS emulators.Whose do you recommend?
Thanks.
Guy.

"John Whitworth" <j_dublevay@yarhooh.co.uk> wrote in message
> Guy wrote:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to get a patch for the original sounds
> > from TR1 Playstation version for PC running XP?They'd add so much more
> > atmosphere to the game.
> >

> Best way I found was to run the original Playstation version on the PC,
> using a Playstation emulator.
>
> JW
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:19:08 AM

Guy wrote:
> Thanks John,your advice is much appreciated.I have a TR1 PS version and will
> try that out.
> I have heard of PS emulators.Whose do you recommend?
> Thanks.
> Guy.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I use an emulator called ePSXe. It can be found at www.ngemu.com.

It's not the easiest thing to set up, as you need to download the
emulator, and then choose 'plugins' that best suit your computer. Once
configured though, it gives extremely good results.

I use the following plugins:

Video: Pete's D3D Driver 1.75
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
Cdrom: SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0
BIOS: scph7502.bin (PAL Playstation BIOS)

With the exception of the BIOS (which can be found by Googling for
scph7502.zip), all the plugins are available at www.ngemu.com.

I have a fairly powerful PC and graphics card setup, so I don't know how
the emulator fares on other machines. Got to be worth a go though I'd guess.

JW
January 21, 2005 1:54:59 AM

Thanks the the tip.I'll try it out later and let you know how I got on.

!