Cpu Output

My CPU's output are at 0 if I'm not doing anything. when I make a video call with the webcam they are at about 60% and if I use my MagicJack phone with my webcam because I can't hear well they are at about 80% spiking at 100% and when that happens there is no sound for about 5 seconds. I thought I just had a bad internet but I'm wondering if I just have a bad computer? It's a dual 2.33 with 4 Gigs of RAM and a one Terebyte drive so it's not a slow computer.

Intel E6550 (Dual CPU) 2.33
Windows 7 (64 bit)
1 TB HD
RAM - 4 Gigs 6400
Video - EPCI 1 Gig
DSL 7 megs

Richard
2 answers Last reply
More about output
  1. lostsoul62 said:
    video call with the webcam they are at about 60% and if I use my MagicJack phone with my webcam because I can't hear well they are at about 80% spiking at 100% and when that happens there is no sound for about 5 seconds.
    That's a lot of bandwidth required for all that data. How fast is your internet connection? MagicJack might just be waiting for the data to get through the video stream.
  2. Yuor computer is more than sufficient to meet the needs for your video calls, including MagicJack. As WR2 points out, there is a lot of data going back and forth as you establish the video and audio portions of the call itself. Your DSL looks like it is 7 meg downstream, what is your upstream speed?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Webcams Video