Sign in with
Your question

Cpu Output

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2010 12:29:18 AM

My CPU's output are at 0 if I'm not doing anything. when I make a video call with the webcam they are at about 60% and if I use my MagicJack phone with my webcam because I can't hear well they are at about 80% spiking at 100% and when that happens there is no sound for about 5 seconds. I thought I just had a bad internet but I'm wondering if I just have a bad computer? It's a dual 2.33 with 4 Gigs of RAM and a one Terebyte drive so it's not a slow computer.

Intel E6550 (Dual CPU) 2.33
Windows 7 (64 bit)
1 TB HD
RAM - 4 Gigs 6400
Video - EPCI 1 Gig
DSL 7 megs

Richard

More about : cpu output

a c 203 à CPUs
August 9, 2010 6:34:30 AM

lostsoul62 said:
video call with the webcam they are at about 60% and if I use my MagicJack phone with my webcam because I can't hear well they are at about 80% spiking at 100% and when that happens there is no sound for about 5 seconds.
That's a lot of bandwidth required for all that data. How fast is your internet connection? MagicJack might just be waiting for the data to get through the video stream.
m
l
a c 148 à CPUs
August 9, 2010 3:13:33 PM

Yuor computer is more than sufficient to meet the needs for your video calls, including MagicJack. As WR2 points out, there is a lot of data going back and forth as you establish the video and audio portions of the call itself. Your DSL looks like it is 7 meg downstream, what is your upstream speed?
m
l
!