Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
hi everyone,

my computer is:

cpu: athlon phenom x4 9850
Motherboard: MSI 7388 (k9a2 neo 2)
psu: Coolmaster 460watt
ram: 4gb corsair (2x2gb)
video card: Ati radeon hd 5750 (1gbddr5)

everythink worked fine for 2 years, last month i decided to buy a new graphic card ( old one was sapphire hd 3650).

i had the card for a week with no problem, after the computer started to freeze or restart inaspectately while playing and i have been suggested to change psu, and i decided for a OCZ 600watt.

Before the computer was giving me problem to post ( after night was not booting anymore) but then with the new psu the system was booting fine all the time!!

the problem asire when i use games or sometimes also when using word, or in idle!!!

i have tested the graphic card with a stress ssoftware and it was ok!!

i tested the ram few times and in just one case i had an error in test 7 ( used Memtest86+)
i have tried the test another two times after this issue and no error where found!!!

i am starting to think that the real problem is my motherboard or cpu because i once player a game ( call of duty blackops) and i forgot to swith the cpu fan at high speed. I cheched the motherboard and doesnt look to be anything exploded!!

i hope you can help me with this issue because i dont want to spend any more money with no reason!!!

thanks

OK, let's start from the begining. Lock ups or freezes can happen for any of several reasons. The most common associated hardware are:

1. RAM
2. GPU
3. PSU

Notice that these are the most common hardware to cause freezing. Freezing can happen because of faults in HDD, CPU, and/or Mobo, just less likely.

So let's pull apart your statement. Everything worked fine for two years. Then you upgraded your GPU. After the upgrade, you started to experience freezing. Next, somebody suggested you change your PSU, so you did.

You then went on to post about your boot issues. Start from the beginning. What happened first?

If the order of your story is chronological, then freezing is very likely attributed to the GPU. Did you remove the old GPU drivers before installing the new GPU? Did you install the latest GPU driver? If so, is that when the freezing occured?
Did you try a different GPU driver?

zelig880

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
Okey i will post a list starting from the first problem until now:

- computer worked fine
- bought a new graphic card and worked okey for a week, some freezing while playing but not outside the game
- i bought a new wireless printer and after that i started to have problem
- the computer was not posting anymore in the morning, but after playing with ram and graphic card it usually started and after that was okey for all day
- i runned the ram test and it gave problem on test 7
- i moved the ram slot and run the test again for 8 hours and no error where found
- sometimes it rebooted but not many times
- i bought a new psu because mine was not able to handle the power of the graphic card
- after installing the new psu the computer is posting and windows is charging with no problem, but it is starting to restart every now and then
- i unistall the old driver and installed all newone!
- i runned the stress test for the graphic card and there was no problem
-the computer is still restarting every now and then
- i have been able to see the reason of the bsod and the message was 3b
- i am currently cheching the hdd and tonight i will check the ram for all night!

Any idea what it can be? I know that 3b is related to video card or antivirus, but i have installed the latest driver and dont know what else to do!

zelig880

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
i have two more news:

1) i have searched on interent and many people with my graphic card are having problem with the new driver released by ati ( the one that i am using!!) everyone is having freezing, restart and the ccc doesnt load at the start up!!!

2) i run the test for the memori for all night and once again ( the second time) i recorded lots of error in test seven!! what shall i do?

shall i contact my ram manufacturer?!

For now, remove the printer drivers. Download Driver Sweeper. Run this program and remove all traces of old and unused drivers. Reinstall the latest driver for the GPU. This will ensure that there are no conflicts with the GPU software.

Next, download and install CCleaner. This will clean your registry. You want to ensure that any remaining problems here are fixed.

Finally, if the same error in the same area is appearing in MT86+, then you most certainly do have a problem with your RAM. Contact the manufacturer and get an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).

zelig880

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
okey!

before your message i have done the following:

tested both ram and the software was eighter freezing or showing error at test 7

tested one ram per time and nothing happened!! i tested it for almost 8 hours each!

i dont know if this can help, but the dmi mapping of the two memory is diffent, but they should be the same!!

can it be the motherboard difected and it cant handle 4 gb?!