Physics card

travismontana

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
I am looking to upgrade my computer and ran across this 128MB BFG Ageia Physx Physics Rendering Video Card DDR3 PCI BFGRPHYSX128P. now a physics card is good for having a video card, or not having a video card. I have a zotac 9800gt at 512 mb ddr3 pci-e that supports physics from agia but was told a way back a phisics card is good to have but forgot why. should I get this pci card to run with my video card? or is it a waste of 35 dollars?

travismontana

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008

wish I could but my motherboard doesnt have another pci-e, looking to upgrade the motherboad later but for now I thought with the phisx card would help a lil...and my zotac works great and has phisx built in but someone told me that a phiscs card would help it along.

sk1939

Distinguished

OK, but I do agree that I would pass on it, theres just not enough use for it I think.

This post of yours is getting boring now and yes, I do have and play a couple of games on that list.

i didn't even realize that sk1939 said crysis, i just end up posting the list anyways, so thats what i do

sk1939

Distinguished

Meh, I'm so out of gaming that I just blend the two togather. Cryostasis is what I meant...studying for finals will screw your head I"m telling you.