Sign in with
Your question

I cant recovery any data and i cant even format my sd card

Last response: in Storage
July 29, 2012 7:58:27 PM

I'm using a Fujifilm s2950 camra. Yesterday i got a nice error message "Card error". I have placed my card in to my laptops sd card reader and i got another nice error message "You need to format the disc drive H: before you can use it". 1st of all I have tried many kind of recovery program like Easeus, CardRecovery,DDR - Memory Card Recovery, iCare data Recovery ,Wondershare Photo Recovery etc. to recover my photos without any success. After that I have tried to format with few programs and also with windows without any result. It says that my card is read only... I got around 400 important pictures on that... :( 
a c 145 G Storage
July 29, 2012 8:13:38 PM

SD cards have a lock slider(on the side) to make them read only. See if thats the issue

Do NOT format a memory card with anything but quick format(any kind of full format will make the card un-recoverable) if you are trying to recover.

If you have formatted it with quick recovery, try to use recuva to see what it can find. Cards can be worse as files get overwritten rather quick when compared to lets say a hard drive.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Worse case the card may have failed. This sucks, but i recommend backing up anything that important often.
July 29, 2012 8:22:37 PM

Slider is in the right position and I have tried another adapter already. You know I made those pics during a festival so I didnt have time to back up it...
Related resources
a c 145 G Storage
July 29, 2012 8:51:23 PM

Well a second reader rules out the chance of a reader problem. I am not sure what would be best to do now.
July 30, 2012 3:25:52 PM

Recovery programs cant find any photo... I have tried few tricks from youtube like recovery with dos, with ubuntu etc. They dont work...
!