Access denied to Desktop???

moed

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005

I have WinXP Pro SP1 and after I installed a program I attempted to move the
program folder to the desktop and for some reason after the folder was moved
I now can not access my desktop or that folder. Specifically, I can't create
any new folders or save files to the desktop. I just installed XP on this
system about 3 weeks ago and it is not networked or connected to the internet
yet. It is just a stand alone system (for now at least) that I play games on.
Every time I right click on the desktop and select "refresh" I get a "desktop
is not accessible" and "access denied" error. I then uninstalled the program
and it uninstalled ok but the actual program folder is still on the desktop
and is still unaccessible. I did a properties on it and it has 0 files in it
and takes up 0 bytes but I can't manually delete it??

Please help!! I have no idea how or why this happened and I did not change
any permissions or anything like that. In fact, once again, except for
installing the program (easy cd and dvd creator 6) and then dragged and
dropped the program folder to the desktop there is nothing else that I did to
cause this weird problem. I hope there is someone out there who knows an easy
way to fix this without reinstalling the OS.

Thanks

Try at start-up,tap the F8 key,select at info screen,safe-mode,enter as
administ-
rator,then create a new user account,delete old,close-out,restart computer.