Which cams have streaming ability?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 13, 2004 8:11:31 PM

Would somebody please provide me with some models of 3+ MP cameras
that let you use it as a webcam as well? (Streaming?) On WinXP Pro.

A lot of them have A/V Out jacks but they are only used for showing
off images - that's not quite what I want. Also, it doesn't matter if
it can do audio or not since I can always just plug in a microphone...

Thanks!
Del. :)

More about : cams streaming ability

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 11:45:15 PM

Just got my Canon A85 a few days ago. The software has a feature which
allows remote shooting from the PC. It shows the current image seen by the
camera on the PC screen, I would presume that it would not be a big stretch
to go from there to streaming.

Good luck. It would make a fine webcam. I currently use my old analog video
camera and my Canopus ADVC-100 A/D converter for the purpose. The ADVC-100
does flawless analog to digital conversion, also does the reverse
flawlessly. Zero dropped frames.

Boys and their toys.....

"Del" <delsherle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Would somebody please provide me with some models of 3+ MP cameras
> that let you use it as a webcam as well? (Streaming?) On WinXP Pro.
>
> A lot of them have A/V Out jacks but they are only used for showing
> off images - that's not quite what I want. Also, it doesn't matter if
> it can do audio or not since I can always just plug in a microphone...
>
> Thanks!
> Del. :)
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 2:11:53 AM

In article <e08015d.0412131711.7a146a43@posting.google.com>,
delsherle@hotmail.com (Del) wrote:

> Would somebody please provide me with some models of 3+ MP cameras
> that let you use it as a webcam as well? (Streaming?) On WinXP Pro.
>
> A lot of them have A/V Out jacks but they are only used for showing
> off images - that's not quite what I want. Also, it doesn't matter if
> it can do audio or not since I can always just plug in a microphone...
>
> Thanks!
> Del. :)

I wouldn't limit my choice of digicams to avoid buying a $30 web cam.
Besides, you'll have to buy a $60 AC adaptor to get streaming video from
the digicam without running the batteries down in a hurry.
!