Windows XP Format SSD for Windows 7 HELP!

P910607

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hi. I have installed windows XP on an AGILITY 3 90GB performing a #Full Format#, and now want to install Windows 7 instead, and am worried i have damaged the SSD with the windows xp full Format...

Will this effect the performance of the SSD drive once i put Windows 7 on with a clean install?

Worried!!!!!

Thank you : )

Secure Erase the SSD to restore it to fresh-out-of-the-box condition.

After you SE the drive you can then do a clean install. No need to format the drive, let Windows do it automatically during the installation process.

P910607

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply. I heard about the secure erase, but a couple of questions;

Where would i obtain the program for it?

How would i use it, run it on the xp window desktop? (as xp doesnt have dos)/.?

Whats the procedure and what happens?

Id like to give this a try tomorrow, if you have any thoughts it would be great,

many thanks again

Tom

There are 2 methods you can use to SE your Agility 3:

1.) SE your drive with the OCZ Toolbox program. Since SE wipes your SSD the Toolbox has to be run on another drive with an O/S on it. If you don’t have a spare drive then connect your SSD as a secondary drive to a friend’s pc.
2.) SE your drive with the Linux bootable tools.
a.) Download a Linux .iso file from OCZ’s website and burn it to a CD.
b.) In your motherboard’s BIOS change your 1st boot device to your CD drive.
c.) Boot into Linux and double-click an icon that says "Secure Erase".

Method 2 is probably the easiest, you don’t have to open your pc.

You can also use the same CD to update the firmware on your drive if it is not on the latest version.

Here’s the link to the Toolbox: http://www.ocztechnology.com/ssd_tools/SandForce_Based/

Here’s the link to the Linux bootable tools: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?99275-NEW!-Bootable-tools-for-OCZ-SSD-s

P910607

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Great result Dereck, that worked a treat, and was very fast also! Many thanks for the advice, all is back to normal again, great stuff" all the best