Which would be more beneficial for Bad Company 2

I dont know if this is the right section or not for this question.

My goal is to run BC2 with all high settings. I am running into bottlenecks that are lowering my frame rate.

I have an E6600 oc'd to 3ghz. That is the highest it will go without boot up issues and freezing.
2 gigs of ddr 2 ram
Asus 5850 Direct CU.

I was thinking I could either double my ram to 4 gigs or get a quadcore q6600 off ebay.

Which would be more beneficial to max out the game?
8 answers Last reply
More about which beneficial company
  1. Considering it is a very CPU intensive game that is supposedly optimized for quad-core processors, I'd recommend going with the CPU upgrade.

Best of luck to you.

*EDIT* Oh and don't forget to overclock the bejesus out of the q6600 when you get it. ;)
  2. Welll, Ram would actually help, another thing you could do to the CPU is oc further. Either that or yes, just get the Q6600, or get the Q8300 off newegg (since it has the smaller nm).
  3. Double post

What heatsink do you have?
  4. Q9450 and 2 GB of extra RAM.
  5. My QX9650 @ 3.16GHz runs at 90% on all four cores; its impossible to run BC2 maxed out without a highly clocked quad. I'd argue a Q9450 is probably a bit on the slow side; a Q9550 or better is recommended if you really want to max BC2.
  6. ^^Is QX9650 still available? I am from India and it stopped selling even when the Core 2 Duo's were at their peak.

I suggested the Q9450 as its the basic quad core that he may need. Of course Q9550 would be better.
  7. This is my CPU cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835124022

Im sure my E6600 could OC further, but my motherboard is the problem Im pretty sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131153

Im not sure which quad cores it will accept. Im guessing the older ones like the Q6600 and Q6700. Enlighten me if I am wrong though.

EDIT: I was correct. According to the Asus website. It only supports the Q6600-6700.
  8. Yea :P So i guess your best bet would be the Q6600 as it's as you said the only CPUs supported. Just get the Q6600 and OC it a bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product