after Angel of Darkness?
--
Alias

"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
news:34dd47F47ub4pU1@individual.net...
> after Angel of Darkness?
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
>
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.

Yes

After the disappointing Angel of Darkness, Eidos pulled the developer and
creator of the TR series, Core Designs, off the Tomb Raider franchise and
gave it to another developer (Crystal Dynamics.) The last I read it was due
out this year for all the major consoles and the pc, possibly in the summer,
but I wouldn't be surprised if it slips to later in the year or just in time
for Christmas.

TT

"TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
>> after Angel of Darkness?
>> --
>> Alias
>>
>> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
>>
>> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>
> Yes
>
> After the disappointing Angel of Darkness, Eidos pulled the developer and
> creator of the TR series, Core Designs, off the Tomb Raider franchise and
> gave it to another developer (Crystal Dynamics.) The last I read it was
> due out this year for all the major consoles and the pc, possibly in the
> summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slips to later in the year or
> just in time for Christmas.
>
> TT

Let us pray for a better offering this time around.

Alias

"Stormstruck" <stormstruck_@NOSPAMMYhotmail.com> wrote in message
:
: "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:C_lEd.2427$C52.192@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
: >
: > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
: > news:34dd47F47ub4pU1@individual.net...
: >> after Angel of Darkness?
: >> --
: >> Alias
: >>
[...]

Really. After playing AOD, my daughter and I played TR4 again. What a
difference!
--
Alias

:
:

Speaking of TR4, has anyone here been playing any of the custom levels ?

I have been off & on for a year now and enjoying it a lot. IMHO, some,
especially the ones by Luis Martin are better than the commercial games and
they're all free.

WaltinVt

> "Stormstruck" <stormstruck_@NOSPAMMYhotmail.com> wrote in message
> :
> : "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : news:C_lEd.2427$C52.192@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> : >
> : > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
> : > news:34dd47F47ub4pU1@individual.net...
> : >> after Angel of Darkness?
> : >> --
> : >> Alias
> : >>
> : >> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email
> me.
> : >>
> : >> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
> : >
> : > Yes
> : >
> : > After the disappointing Angel of Darkness, Eidos pulled the developer
> and
> : > creator of the TR series, Core Designs, off the Tomb Raider franchise
> and
> : > gave it to another developer (Crystal Dynamics.) The last I read it
> was
> : > due out this year for all the major consoles and the pc, possibly in
> the
> : > summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slips to later in the year
> or
> : > just in time for Christmas.
> : >
> : > TT
> : >
> :
> :
> : Let us pray for a better offering this time around.
>
> Really. After playing AOD, my daughter and I played TR4 again. What a
> difference!
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
>
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
> :
> :

Alias

"Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote

: Speaking of TR4, has anyone here been playing any of the custom levels ?
:
: I have been off & on for a year now and enjoying it a lot. IMHO, some,
: especially the ones by Luis Martin are better than the commercial games
and
: they're all free.
:
: WaltinVt

Where can they be downloaded and do they work with XP?
--
Alias

:
:
: "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
: news:34f35vF49qa7mU1@individual.net...
: >
: > "Stormstruck" <stormstruck_@NOSPAMMYhotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:41e232a5@quokka.wn.com.au...
: > :
: > : "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > : news:C_lEd.2427$C52.192@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
: > : >
: > : > "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
: > : > news:34dd47F47ub4pU1@individual.net...
: > : >> after Angel of Darkness?
: > : >> --
: > : >> Alias
: > : >>
[...]
: > --
: > Alias
: >

"Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote in message
> Speaking of TR4, has anyone here been playing any of the custom levels ?
>
> I have been off & on for a year now and enjoying it a lot. IMHO, some,
> especially the ones by Luis Martin are better than the commercial games
> and they're all free.

Gday Walt ;o)

I can never get the custom levels to load properly, they always crash ;o(

I did manage to get one to work once, it was a nice level, but I can't
remember what I did to make it work!

For level editor & info try:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html

For top 50 custom levels try: http://www.trle.net/ I highly recommend any
of Luis Martin's levels - some are better than many of the commercial TR
games. So far every one of the "top 50" group I've played have been very
good.

It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how I first set the level
editor up but I used what's called "Level Manager" and once you have it up
and running, then all you have to do is download the various levels (usually
in "Zip" format) and then use level manager to extract, set up & play the
games. It's well worth the effort to get Level Manager set up. It will
even archive a level (or group of levels) after you're done and include all
your saved games.

I think this was the site for level manager but it didn't work today, so
either I've got it wrong or the site's down. http://www.trlevelmanager.org/

WaltinVt

In news:<34fd1mF47aqglU1@individual.net> schrieb Alias:
> "Walt Mather" <waltinvt@lostinvt.net> wrote
>
>: Speaking of TR4, has anyone here been playing any of the custom levels ?
>:
>: I have been off & on for a year now and enjoying it a lot. IMHO, some,
>: especially the ones by Luis Martin are better than the commercial games
> and
>: they're all free.
>
> Where can they be downloaded and do they work with XP?

Just google for trle levels
and you will find links like

http://www.trle.net
http://levelbase.dyndns.org

Direct links to levels by Luis Martin ("Jedimaster") are here:

http://levelbase.dyndns.org/box_level.asp?Levelname=&Autor=Jedimaster&suchen=search&h=%25&v=%25

http://www.trle.net/AuthorListingLP.htm

When TR 4 and especially the TRLE demos run on your machine
you will have no problems with most of the free levels.
For installation of the levels,
I would recommend the Level Manager TRLM:
http://www.laraweb.de/manager.htm
(http://www.trlevelmanager.org/index_eng.htm seems to be down!?)

Simply click on "download". - It's freeware.
Although the description is in German, the installation advice is English.
I have no idea where the other language versions ended up...

Have fun!
Thomas

There I was, minding my own business, when Walt Mather said...

> For level editor & info try:
> http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html
>
> For top 50 custom levels try: http://www.trle.net/ I highly
> recommend any of Luis Martin's levels - some are better than many of
> the commercial TR games. So far every one of the "top 50" group I've
> played have been very good.
>
> It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how I first set the
> level editor up but I used what's called "Level Manager" and once you
> have it up and running, then all you have to do is download the
> various levels (usually in "Zip" format) and then use level manager
> to extract, set up & play the games. It's well worth the effort to
> get Level Manager set up. It will even archive a level (or group of
> levels) after you're done and include all your saved games.
>
> I think this was the site for level manager but it didn't work today,
> so either I've got it wrong or the site's down.
> http://www.trlevelmanager.org/
>
> WaltinVt

I'm currently playing Rescue by Pascal Ducey which I got from
www.tro-online.com - Its been real fun up to now.

Really hard, but fun.

Heh. You do NOT want to know how many save games I made on the first level
alone!

Well...maybe you do, but I ain't gonna tell you! ;-)
Duncan

Looks like a cool site but my French is not verygood, so I'm at a
disadvantage.
Walt

"Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> There I was, minding my own business, when Walt Mather said...
>
>> For level editor & info try:
>> http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html
>>
>> For top 50 custom levels try: http://www.trle.net/ I highly
>> recommend any of Luis Martin's levels - some are better than many of
>> the commercial TR games. So far every one of the "top 50" group I've
>> played have been very good.
>>
>> It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly how I first set the
>> level editor up but I used what's called "Level Manager" and once you
>> have it up and running, then all you have to do is download the
>> various levels (usually in "Zip" format) and then use level manager
>> to extract, set up & play the games. It's well worth the effort to
>> get Level Manager set up. It will even archive a level (or group of
>> levels) after you're done and include all your saved games.
>>
>> I think this was the site for level manager but it didn't work today,
>> so either I've got it wrong or the site's down.
>> http://www.trlevelmanager.org/
>>
>> WaltinVt
>
> I'm currently playing Rescue by Pascal Ducey which I got from
> www.tro-online.com - Its been real fun up to now.
>
> Really hard, but fun.
>
> Heh. You do NOT want to know how many save games I made on the first level
> alone!
>
> Well...maybe you do, but I ain't gonna tell you! ;-)
> Duncan

There I was, minding my own business, when Walt Mather said...

> Looks like a cool site but my French is not verygood, so I'm at a
> disadvantage.

Yep. I know what you mean. I think there are English pages on their,
though, otherwise I'd have given up straightaway knowing about |<->| this
much French. Some of the downloads have English/US versions, thoguh. Sadly
'Rescue' *is* French only, but by then I'd manually installed a couple of
other user levels so it was just a case of following form and away we went!

Heh. And then I got really stuck with a draggy/poitiony globe object over a
spot in the floor type puzzle and the only walkthrough assistance I could
find for that was in German!!

Truly International ;-)

> Walt

Duncan

In article <GrmdnWudX-qQ6n_cRVn-tw@giganews.com>, "Walt Mather"
<waltinvt@lostinvt.net> writes:

>Speaking of TR4, has anyone here been playing any of the custom levels ?
>
>I have been off & on for a year now and enjoying it a lot. IMHO, some,
>especially the ones by Luis Martin are better than the commercial games and
>they're all free.
>
>WaltinVt

Hell, I wish I knew how exactly to get the custom levels running off the TRLE
program without having to erase or overwrite things.

In news:<20050113175057.13916.00000016@mb-m04.aol.com>
schrieb Paul E Kiefer Jr <pkieferjr@aol.com>:

> Hell, I wish I knew how exactly to get the custom levels running off the TRLE
> program without having to erase or overwrite things.

So you are not using the Level Manager?!

"Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
> In news:<20050113175057.13916.00000016@mb-m04.aol.com>
> schrieb Paul E Kiefer Jr <pkieferjr@aol.com>:
>>
>> Hell, I wish I knew how exactly to get the custom levels running off
>> the TRLE program without having to erase or overwrite things.
>
> So you are not using the Level Manager?!

AS downloaded from the site given in a previous post, the saved file
installs a trojan installer. I realize that websites can check their
files and they be clean; but when they are actually downloaded, a script
is run that 'wraps' the downloaded file, or even swaps it out entirely.
The problem is in the 'jacked' web page itself. Anyway, the level
manager I downloaded is definitely infected and not cleanable. Know of
another source?
McG.

There I was, minding my own business, when Thomas Mautsch said...

> In news:<20050113175057.13916.00000016@mb-m04.aol.com>
> schrieb Paul E Kiefer Jr <pkieferjr@aol.com>:
>>
>> Hell, I wish I knew how exactly to get the custom levels running off
>> the TRLE program without having to erase or overwrite things.
>
> So you are not using the Level Manager?!

Unzip, unzip, unzip, copy, copy, copy!

Seems to work ok!

Duncan

Mike

Splendid

"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
> after Angel of Darkness?

yep but hope that Lara gets back to Egypt for this one, waiting for ages to
see Lara on the PS2 and then we just get her skulking round the city
streets, I want to see all the great Egypt settings with the PS2 graphics..
or remake TR1 for the PS2!

In news:<SNTFd.3351$Ta2.2980@fe2.texas.rr.com> schrieb McGrandpa:
> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
[ ... ]
>> So you are not using the Level Manager?!
>
> AS downloaded from the site given in a previous post, the saved file
> installs a trojan installer. I realize that websites can check their
> files and they be clean; but when they are actually downloaded, a script
> is run that 'wraps' the downloaded file, or even swaps it out entirely.
> The problem is in the 'jacked' web page itself. Anyway, the level
> manager I downloaded is definitely infected and not cleanable. Know of
> another source?

Hello McGrandpa! Sorry for the late answer;
I haven't been reading the newsgroup for a couple of days.
Your message sounds worrying! - Could you please elaborate a bit
about which "site given in a previous post" you are referring to. -
Are you talking about
http://www.trlevelmanager.org
which at the moment is (still) offline, or about
http://www.laraweb.de/download/

The level manager I am using (trlm_1_4_deutsch.exe)
was downloaded from the latter site.
I didn't notice any scripts starting at download
(Javascript was not even activated, I did the downloading on a unix system),
and my virus scanner is unable to find anything in my Level Manager folder.

To me it looks like the English and Italien versions of the Level Manager
have disappeared from the internet,
but if anyone is going to download the German Level Manager
and experiencing language problems, I would be willing to help out.

Hope to hear from you!
All the best
Tom

> In news:<SNTFd.3351$Ta2.2980@fe2.texas.rr.com> schrieb McGrandpa:
>> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
> [ ... ]
>>> So you are not using the Level Manager?!
>>
>> AS downloaded from the site given in a previous post, the saved file
>> installs a trojan installer. I realize that websites can check their
>> files and they be clean; but when they are actually downloaded, a
>> script is run that 'wraps' the downloaded file, or even swaps it out
>> entirely. The problem is in the 'jacked' web page itself. Anyway,
>> the level manager I downloaded is definitely infected and not
>> cleanable. Know of another source?
>
> Hello McGrandpa! Sorry for the late answer;
> I haven't been reading the newsgroup for a couple of days.
> Your message sounds worrying! - Could you please elaborate a bit
> about which "site given in a previous post" you are referring to. -
> Are you talking about
> http://www.trlevelmanager.org
> which at the moment is (still) offline, or about
> http://www.laraweb.de/download/
>
> The level manager I am using (trlm_1_4_deutsch.exe)
> was downloaded from the latter site.
> I didn't notice any scripts starting at download
> (Javascript was not even activated, I did the downloading on a unix
> system), and my virus scanner is unable to find anything in my Level
> Manager folder.
>
> To me it looks like the English and Italien versions of the Level
> Manager have disappeared from the internet,
> but if anyone is going to download the German Level Manager
> and experiencing language problems, I would be willing to help out.
>
> Hope to hear from you!
> All the best
> Tom

the first link you gave 'cannot be found', it was from the FTP page at
laraweb.de
I'm there again, right now, and see the same file, trlm_1_4_deutsch.exe
that Trojan Hunter stopped execution on.
I tried it again. No Trojan Hunter problem. But I dont read German. I
think it said it installed, but it's not.
McG.

In news:<wphHd.29721$_56.14479@fe2.texas.rr.com> schrieb McGrandpa:
> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
>> In news:<SNTFd.3351$Ta2.2980@fe2.texas.rr.com> schrieb McGrandpa:
>>> "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
>>>
>>> AS downloaded from the site given in a previous post, the saved file
>>> installs a trojan installer. I realize that websites can check their
>>> files and they be clean; but when they are actually downloaded, a
>>> script is run that 'wraps' the downloaded file, or even swaps it out
>>> entirely. The problem is in the 'jacked' web page itself. Anyway,
>>> the level manager I downloaded is definitely infected and not
>>> cleanable. Know of another source?
>>
>> Hello McGrandpa! Sorry for the late answer;
>> I haven't been reading the newsgroup for a couple of days.
>> Your message sounds worrying! - Could you please elaborate a bit
>> about which "site given in a previous post" you are referring to. -
>> Are you talking about
>> http://www.trlevelmanager.org
>> which at the moment is (still) offline, or about
>> http://www.laraweb.de/download/
[ ... ]

> the first link you gave 'cannot be found',

Ah, they must have changed the address back to
http://www.trlevelmanager.it
They have there the *English*, Italian and German versions
of the Level Manager for download, hopefully virus free...

> it was from the FTP page at laraweb.de
> I'm there again, right now, and see the same file, trlm_1_4_deutsch.exe
> that Trojan Hunter stopped execution on.
> I tried it again. No Trojan Hunter problem. But I dont read German. I
> think it said it installed, but it's not.

Thanks for the information!
Have fun!
TM