SBerger

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
I am a newbie when it comes to computer upgrading, however, I have decided to upgrade my system.

My current system is:

Manufacture: Dell
Model: Studio 540
Hard Drive Capacity: 700GB
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM: 6GB of DDR2
Operating System Type: Vista 64-bit
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3450
Power Supply Model Number: DPS-350XB-2
Power Supply Max Power: 350W
Monitor: S2290W
DVD/CD-ROM Drives: Optiarc DVD+- AD-7200S ATA Device

I am wanting to upgrade my computer's graphics card. I am aware that if I do, I will need to upgrade my computer's power supply with it.

The following are 2 links to the graphics card and the power supply I am currently interested it. I want to make sure these would be compatible.

Power Supply) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148041
Graphics Card) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434
~~~
Now if you have any recommendations, please give them to me. If you think a different setup would be more suited for me, by all means, send it my way. And lastly, this is primarily meant for gaming, if you haven't been able to tell. Thanks! :)

scooter69

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Thats a nicea card!!!! I like! Well for one you really have to make sure what type of PSU your Dell needs. Some Dells need an odd PSU, but if it's a standard ATX that will make it much cheaper. The PSU you've listed; no, no, no. Spend the money and get a CoolerMaster, BFGtech or Antec to name a few top brands IMO. I bought a case with the same brand PSU in it and what a nightmare, get a good one to feed that GPU beast. EVGA recommends AT LEAST a 500 watt PSU, I'd look at a 600watt to have a little wiggle room IMO. Hope this helps, good luck.

SBerger

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Where on the PSU does it specify if it is an ATX or not? My current PSU's dimensions are about (L)5.5inches X (W)5.9inches X (H)3.5inches.

Does anyone have any other recommendations if I finally decide to get a new graphics card and a new power supply? Any common problems I may encounter or anything of the sorts?