Load Temps on New Build (ASRock 880g Extreme 3/1090t)

attrition4u

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
About where should I be sitting for load temps on an AM3 ASRock 880g Extreme 3 board with a 1090t x6 and hyper 212+ (nothing is overclocked, running at stock speeds)? Right now, I'm sitting at about 34 degrees Celsius at idle on the CPU and 33C on the MOBO in a cool room (air is on and it's quite comfortable in here).

Earlier, I ran a Prime95 torture test (In-Place Large FFTs) for about half an hour. I stopped the tests until I know what is normal and what is not. Got up to 62C and seemed to be holding steady there for the last half of the testing. Is that normal?

I'm worried that the thermal paste application wasn't adequate. But, maybe this is normal. I have no idea. First build so I don't have a lot of confidence in my skills.

TIA

Chris

rolfmaomachizlin

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010

From the top of my head, i can tell you that 33celcius is mighty fine. And for the prime95 it is normal for it to go up to 62celcius, as it is being 'tortured' therefore it is 'sweating'. As long as it goes back down after then its just fine.

Omniblivion

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

^+1, 62 celcius is fine under 100% load. Even at 24/7 that setup should be fine, would probably level out near 67c.

If you reach the high 70's in a test under an hour, that is when you want to think about stopping the OC. Remember that Prime95 puts all cores (and hyperthreading, if applicable) at 100%- most systems do not see this kind of use in real world situations over extended periods of time- espeically for gaming.