Core 2 duo vs dual core

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my home PC. Can you help me to decided which processor to use..? Dual core or Core 2 duo..? Which one is better.. I am not looking out for a gaming PC. I want a basic system..
13 answers Last reply
More about core dual core
  1. What parts do you have right now?
  2. Welcome to the forum! What is your budget and as Timop mentioned, do you have any parts already with you or you need a complete new rig?
  3. well just for a basic configuration a dual core would be good...... it will also save ur money...

    and the difference between the two r
    dual core's r the striped down versions of core2duo....with less cache, clock speed and front side bus(FSB)...
  4. the dualcore processor does 2 * perforemence of a single processor .
    the core 2 duo processor does 4 *performence of a single processor
    so my choice is for core 2 duo
  5. unless its a Pentium G6950 then go for the C2D.

    G6950 is a i3 without hyper threading and a damn good choice :)
  6. Every1 plz Help me!!!
    Dell precision 670 (intel 3.4x2 dual Core Pro) with 40gb hd,650w psu,256mb quadro fx, 2gbram,dvd) in Rs.12000/=

    VS

    intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93ghz, dg31pr mb(1yr warr),80gb hd,280w psu,2gbram,dvd.in Rs15000/=

    PLZ SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I BUY???
    PRIMARY PURPOSE: Gaming.

    Thnx
  7. neither
  8. Jurgens said:
    neither


    +1
  9. nabeelhasan47 said:
    Every1 plz Help me!!!
    Dell precision 670 (intel 3.4x2 dual Core Pro) with 40gb hd,650w psu,256mb quadro fx, 2gbram,dvd) in Rs.12000/=

    VS

    intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93ghz, dg31pr mb(1yr warr),80gb hd,280w psu,2gbram,dvd.in Rs15000/=

    PLZ SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I BUY???
    PRIMARY PURPOSE: Gaming.

    Thnx


    the E7500 would be the better choice between them
    BUT
    you would have to plan on decent video card (at least a GT240 or HD5770),2 more gb of ram
    and at least a 450 watt good brand name Power Supply

    going by US Dollars that would be about 250-300 more.

    And with upgrades that would only be a "basic" system
    You wouldnt get maxed out settings at high resolutions
  10. king smp said:
    the E7500 would be the better choice between them
    BUT
    you would have to plan on decent video card (at least a GT240 or HD5770),2 more gb of ram
    and at least a 450 watt good brand name Power Supply

    going by US Dollars that would be about 250-300 more.

    And with upgrades that would only be a "basic" system
    You wouldnt get maxed out settings at high resolutions



    Forgot 2 menton abt Grapix Card but aside frm Grapix card can u plz explain in Detail y da Dell machine with 2Xeon (3.2ghz) pros isnt better than E7500 imean it va got 2Dual core Pros as ive learnt from this From & FEw others its Intel which says u ll get abt 25% Difference in Dual Core comparin with Core2Duo while da Users says its abt 10 to 15 %. (keep in mind its abt tat comparison was abt 1 processer) while da machine ive mention have 2, wont it make it almost same or more in performance VS E7500(2.9ghz)??? cuz if igo with Dell 670 ialso dnt va 2 buy anew PSU which also would be atlest 500Watts.
    Or Its Xeon Technology which isnt capable or compatible against E7500???
    Plz Describe Me.
  11. KalpanaS said:
    Hello,

    I am planning to upgrade my home PC. Can you help me to decided which processor to use..? Dual core or Core 2 duo..? Which one is better.. I am not looking out for a gaming PC. I want a basic system..



    core 2 duo of course is better. core 2 are the next versions of the pentium dual cores.
    pentium dual cores are so old, so as core 2 but atleast the core 2 duos are still very much in use by many.
  12. nabeelhasan47 said:
    Forgot 2 menton abt Grapix Card but aside frm Grapix card can u plz explain in Detail y da Dell machine with 2Xeon (3.2ghz) pros isnt better than E7500 imean it va got 2Dual core Pros as ive learnt from this From & FEw others its Intel which says u ll get abt 25% Difference in Dual Core comparin with Core2Duo while da Users says its abt 10 to 15 %. (keep in mind its abt tat comparison was abt 1 processer) while da machine ive mention have 2, wont it make it almost same or more in performance VS E7500(2.9ghz)??? cuz if igo with Dell 670 ialso dnt va 2 buy anew PSU which also would be atlest 500Watts.
    Or Its Xeon Technology which isnt capable or compatible against E7500???
    Plz Describe Me.


    The Dell Precision 670 uses Pentium 4 based Xeon processors
    they are the same thing as a Pentium 4 3.4 hyperthreading cpu
    I had a dell precision also which had the same cpus
    a Core2Duo can easily outperform the two Xeon 3.4 cpus
    they are only pentium 4
    old technology
  13. you should of started your own thread about this :)
    the original post is from 8/2010
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Processors Dual Core