Closed

Audio/Volume icon in the task bar not showing

The volume icon is not showing in the task bar icons areas. I have verified
the following:
1. The icon is not configured to be hidden
2. The check box of showing the volume icon in the control panel ==> Audio
settings is checked- It is working manually but when I start up the computer
the icon is missing again.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about audio volume icon task showing

    Hello Mickey
    Go here

    Click V scroll to Volume Control

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    "Mickey" <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    The volume icon is not showing in the task bar icons areas. I have verified
    the following:
    1. The icon is not configured to be hidden
    2. The check box of showing the volume icon in the control panel ==> Audio
    settings is checked- It is working manually but when I start up the computer
    the icon is missing again.

    Any suggestions how to fix it?

    Thanks,
  2. 1-Right Click on task bar.
    2-Click on properties.
    3-find notification are there u'll find Customize tab..Just Click on it.
    4-Now a Pop-up window will Appear..On the Bottom left corner u'll get an Option "Turn System icons on or off"
    5-Just Click on it.then a window will appear then in icon behavior u can turn on or off..Just in Volume icon select on from dropdownlist.then ur Volume icon will be back in the taskbar :)

    u can apply this setting if u want to recover ur other icons in the taskbar like..Clock, Network, power.

    Thanks
    Regards
    Er.Aditya Rajput.

Configuration Audio Windows XP