Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

LCD TV/Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 3, 2010 2:56:15 PM

hey there everyone!

was thinking setting up a lcd tv in my master bedroom but all i ever come across are really expensive versions - today after window browsing, i found this out - Prolink 32"widescreen lcd tv PRO3201TW. It'll go for $700 +/-

what are your opinions and what can get with that price? I live in Bangladesh. :) 

More about : lcd monitor

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 4:45:13 PM

You can get a 32" TV from a better brand for about $200 less....at least in the US. In Bangladesh I'm not really sure...
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 4:56:49 PM

welcome to the forums newcomer! :) 

well um i've been on newegg an i DID find some interesting but the catch IS... : ) i cant get them in BD
m
0
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:13:47 PM

Yeah, that is the drawback...and I'm not sure of the prices either, how they compare to the USD and whats avaliable, not to mention the difference in color system.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 5:18:11 PM

:S still need some help. Since getting a tv tuner and LCD/LED monitor plus a sound system for the tuner just is way too complex and alot of hastle
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:21:21 PM

Most TVs already have a built in tuner afaik, unless you get something thats strictly a monitor.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:42:16 PM

It dosen't seem like a bad TV, prices in Bangladesh must be high....from what I can tell it looks to be ok, just don't believe the 50000:1 contrast ratio claim. I would demo it before buying it however.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 6:04:21 PM

i did demo it. I checked out the speakers on the thing - the contrast ratio seemed dull :p  though i can tell its the same as my samsung P2250 monitor hooked to a tv tuner which also has a 50,000:1 contrast ratio
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 6:12:32 PM

Then you know what the picture quality is like, although I'm not sure what inputs it has, and what your trying to connect to it.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 6:23:40 PM

just using it as i would with a normal tv. Maybe in due time, hook it up to a console(xbox360) and have an HTPC hooked up to it, download moves and HD content onto it. But in DUE time. I checked out its rear inputs - it has:

DVI
HDMI
Antenna port for coaxial
sound input via jacks and input via digital video or s-video

& heres from the site-

Physical Interface
In/Out Connections: Antenna, S-video, AV, Audio-in, Audio-out, VGA, PC audio, HDMI, Earphone, YUV (Y/Pb/Pr)

in my opinion more than what i'd need for the intended upgrades. Just was thin kin if i'd have more option available to me...
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 6:35:12 PM

Probably...the audio out is important if you want to connect it to a sound system.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 6:43:33 PM

yeah, will look into that once things settle into my new home :)  any recommendations? i already own a pair of creative I-trigue L3800 speakers...which are on my gaming rig in my configuration and the monitor has built in 10W speakers in 2.0 channel
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 8:35:39 PM

Recommendations, I'm a bit of a audiophile so I may get carried away...but the best value right now I think, is to get a pair of Polk Monitor 70's and a Harmon Kardon reciever. That would set you back about $5-600. As far as a more budget friendly solution, try Creative Gigaworks T3 or Logitech Z5500.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 8:55:29 PM

i tried the Gigaworks solution. Sucked BIG time...am an audiophile myself. I Dj when i have the time.

Logitechs arent available here, instead will need to get it from UK (if i do) as i have a relative there, but i dont know if i can get a pair of Polk monitors. What about a pair of Alesis monitors? i can gt them here!

and about the reciever, anything else - maybe a pioneer or a yamaha console/mixer?
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 9:13:46 PM

Lutfij said:
hey there everyone!

was thinking setting up a lcd tv in my master bedroom but all i ever come across are really expensive versions - today after window browsing, i found this out - Prolink 32"widescreen lcd tv PRO3201TW. It'll go for $700 +/-

what are your opinions and what can get with that price? I live in Bangladesh. :) 


I'm just curious why your options are so limited in BD?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 9:18:17 PM

Lutfij said:
i tried the Gigaworks solution. Sucked BIG time...am an audiophile myself. I Dj when i have the time.

Logitechs arent available here, instead will need to get it from UK (if i do) as i have a relative there, but i dont know if i can get a pair of Polk monitors. What about a pair of Alesis monitors? i can gt them here!

and about the reciever, anything else - maybe a pioneer or a yamaha console/mixer?


Yes, you could go for a pair of BM5a's at 1k ea, and connect those to a Mackie mixer, but thats going high end. What is more affordable is probably a pair of Alesis or M-Audio pro grade monitors connected to a Mackie 402-VLZ3.
Share
May 3, 2010 9:33:00 PM

@ ram - if i had to explain the problems in my scenario, you'd need a popcorn stand to keep you entertained :D  .

In short - the importers have what you call a syndicate and the govt has imposed a huge levy and rules for anything i'd want to get via courier (DHL/Fedex). If i go for other brands here (Sony/Phillips/LG) - i'd need to pay more than triple :)  (cos of the govt taxation)

@ sk1939 - thanx for all the replies! i'll make sure you get the vote! Ah, M-audio, gotta love their stuff...i had a studio grade soundcard a few years ago...blew it up with my PSU :p  cant rem the model though.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 9:40:13 PM

Best answer selected by Lutfij.
m
0
l
May 3, 2010 10:43:18 PM

Lutfij said:
@ ram - if i had to explain the problems in my scenario, you'd need a popcorn stand to keep you entertained :D  .

In short - the importers have what you call a syndicate and the govt has imposed a huge levy and rules for anything i'd want to get via courier (DHL/Fedex). If i go for other brands here (Sony/Phillips/LG) - i'd need to pay more than triple :)  (cos of the govt taxation)

@ sk1939 - thanx for all the replies! i'll make sure you get the vote! Ah, M-audio, gotta love their stuff...i had a studio grade soundcard a few years ago...blew it up with my PSU :p  cant rem the model though.



Sounds like the short answer is "government corruption". I know how you feel. In America we have the best government money can buy.
m
0
l
May 4, 2010 5:14:19 AM

Well - i'm trying to deal with it :D  , no point getting shot over spilled beans :p 
m
0
l
!