Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LCD TV/Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 3, 2010 2:56:15 PM

hey there everyone!

was thinking setting up a lcd tv in my master bedroom but all i ever come across are really expensive versions - today after window browsing, i found this out - Prolink 32"widescreen lcd tv PRO3201TW. It'll go for $700 +/-

what are your opinions and what can get with that price? I live in Bangladesh. :) 

More about : lcd monitor

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 4:45:13 PM

You can get a 32" TV from a better brand for about $200 less....at least in the US. In Bangladesh I'm not really sure...
May 3, 2010 4:56:49 PM

welcome to the forums newcomer! :) 

well um i've been on newegg an i DID find some interesting but the catch IS... : ) i cant get them in BD
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:13:47 PM

Yeah, that is the drawback...and I'm not sure of the prices either, how they compare to the USD and whats avaliable, not to mention the difference in color system.
May 3, 2010 5:18:11 PM

:S still need some help. Since getting a tv tuner and LCD/LED monitor plus a sound system for the tuner just is way too complex and alot of hastle
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:21:21 PM

Most TVs already have a built in tuner afaik, unless you get something thats strictly a monitor.
May 3, 2010 5:27:08 PM

yeah but its the price...like i said, if i look for a 40" plasma flatscreen tv i'd need to spend about $3800 which is silly :p  and here i was just looking around and came across this 32"lcd tv/monitor :S heres a link - http://www.prolink2u.com/new/products/index.php?cid=128

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 5:42:16 PM

It dosen't seem like a bad TV, prices in Bangladesh must be high....from what I can tell it looks to be ok, just don't believe the 50000:1 contrast ratio claim. I would demo it before buying it however.
May 3, 2010 6:04:21 PM

i did demo it. I checked out the speakers on the thing - the contrast ratio seemed dull :p  though i can tell its the same as my samsung P2250 monitor hooked to a tv tuner which also has a 50,000:1 contrast ratio
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 6:12:32 PM

Then you know what the picture quality is like, although I'm not sure what inputs it has, and what your trying to connect to it.
May 3, 2010 6:23:40 PM

just using it as i would with a normal tv. Maybe in due time, hook it up to a console(xbox360) and have an HTPC hooked up to it, download moves and HD content onto it. But in DUE time. I checked out its rear inputs - it has:

DVI
HDMI
Antenna port for coaxial
sound input via jacks and input via digital video or s-video

& heres from the site-

Physical Interface
In/Out Connections: Antenna, S-video, AV, Audio-in, Audio-out, VGA, PC audio, HDMI, Earphone, YUV (Y/Pb/Pr)

in my opinion more than what i'd need for the intended upgrades. Just was thin kin if i'd have more option available to me...
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 6:35:12 PM

Probably...the audio out is important if you want to connect it to a sound system.
May 3, 2010 6:43:33 PM

yeah, will look into that once things settle into my new home :)  any recommendations? i already own a pair of creative I-trigue L3800 speakers...which are on my gaming rig in my configuration and the monitor has built in 10W speakers in 2.0 channel
a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 8:35:39 PM

Recommendations, I'm a bit of a audiophile so I may get carried away...but the best value right now I think, is to get a pair of Polk Monitor 70's and a Harmon Kardon reciever. That would set you back about $5-600. As far as a more budget friendly solution, try Creative Gigaworks T3 or Logitech Z5500.
May 3, 2010 8:55:29 PM

i tried the Gigaworks solution. Sucked BIG time...am an audiophile myself. I Dj when i have the time.

Logitechs arent available here, instead will need to get it from UK (if i do) as i have a relative there, but i dont know if i can get a pair of Polk monitors. What about a pair of Alesis monitors? i can gt them here!

and about the reciever, anything else - maybe a pioneer or a yamaha console/mixer?
May 3, 2010 9:13:46 PM

Lutfij said:
hey there everyone!

was thinking setting up a lcd tv in my master bedroom but all i ever come across are really expensive versions - today after window browsing, i found this out - Prolink 32"widescreen lcd tv PRO3201TW. It'll go for $700 +/-

what are your opinions and what can get with that price? I live in Bangladesh. :) 

I'm just curious why your options are so limited in BD?

Best solution

a b C Monitor
May 3, 2010 9:18:17 PM

Lutfij said:
i tried the Gigaworks solution. Sucked BIG time...am an audiophile myself. I Dj when i have the time.

Logitechs arent available here, instead will need to get it from UK (if i do) as i have a relative there, but i dont know if i can get a pair of Polk monitors. What about a pair of Alesis monitors? i can gt them here!

and about the reciever, anything else - maybe a pioneer or a yamaha console/mixer?

Yes, you could go for a pair of BM5a's at 1k ea, and connect those to a Mackie mixer, but thats going high end. What is more affordable is probably a pair of Alesis or M-Audio pro grade monitors connected to a Mackie 402-VLZ3.
May 3, 2010 9:33:00 PM

@ ram - if i had to explain the problems in my scenario, you'd need a popcorn stand to keep you entertained :D  .

In short - the importers have what you call a syndicate and the govt has imposed a huge levy and rules for anything i'd want to get via courier (DHL/Fedex). If i go for other brands here (Sony/Phillips/LG) - i'd need to pay more than triple :)  (cos of the govt taxation)

@ sk1939 - thanx for all the replies! i'll make sure you get the vote! Ah, M-audio, gotta love their stuff...i had a studio grade soundcard a few years ago...blew it up with my PSU :p  cant rem the model though.
May 3, 2010 9:40:13 PM

Best answer selected by Lutfij.
May 3, 2010 10:43:18 PM

Lutfij said:
@ ram - if i had to explain the problems in my scenario, you'd need a popcorn stand to keep you entertained :D  .

In short - the importers have what you call a syndicate and the govt has imposed a huge levy and rules for anything i'd want to get via courier (DHL/Fedex). If i go for other brands here (Sony/Phillips/LG) - i'd need to pay more than triple :)  (cos of the govt taxation)

@ sk1939 - thanx for all the replies! i'll make sure you get the vote! Ah, M-audio, gotta love their stuff...i had a studio grade soundcard a few years ago...blew it up with my PSU :p  cant rem the model though.

Sounds like the short answer is "government corruption". I know how you feel. In America we have the best government money can buy.
May 4, 2010 5:14:19 AM

Well - i'm trying to deal with it :D  , no point getting shot over spilled beans :p 
!