Sign in with
Your question

Compatibility with XP

Last response: in Windows XP
March 5, 2013 6:15:52 AM

Hello, after installing Windows 7 on an old Dell Precision M6300 which had Windows XP, I have found that nv4_disp.dll which is needed for XP is not working properly with Windows 7. Does anybody know if the Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M has a driver that will work on Windows 7 OS for XP application?

More about : compatibility

a b \ Driver
a c 366 $ Windows 7
March 5, 2013 12:10:12 PM

It's a laptop, the video drivers are supported by the laptop vendor. If they don't have 7 drivers, you can try to get them from www.nvidia.com but that may not work.

You could also try the Vista drivers.
March 21, 2013 7:48:34 AM

cpof said:
Hello, after installing Windows 7 on an old Dell Precision M6300 which had Windows XP, I have found that nv4_disp.dll which is needed for XP is not working properly with Windows 7. Does anybody know if the Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M has a driver that will work on Windows 7 OS for XP application?

Sorry but did you try to reinstall the Nividia XP driver changing in properties (.exe) selecting that it works under Windows XP SP3 and as an administrator?. I did it with some drivers and it worked fine with w7 32 bits. I think it could be the same thing in your case.
!