Upgrade Suggestions

I have come to the conclustion that my PC is what it is, and upgrading the current system is worse then asking your Girlfriend do i look good in this dress..

I have a budget of around £400 to £500 GBP, Uk Sterling.

I have the Case (maybe tempted in a bnew one if other items are under budget)
HDD's (but will be purchasing a new one soon)
a Titan 650Watt PSU (a rebadged Rocketfish 700 very good product/reviews accordinly)
a Audigy PCI Sound Card (again, have the X-FI version soon)
a Nvidia GTX 470

So i would need:

CPU and Cooler (Not standard)
Motherboard
Memory (6gb to 8gb)

Was only tempted by AMD due to previous bad service by Intel, but have seen a few reviews/graphs..

Any Suggestions or advice is much greatly appreciated..

Jamie
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade suggestions
  1. reccy said:

a Titan 650Watt PSU (a rebadged Rocketfish 700 very good product/reviews accordinly)
    Have any of those reviews to show us?
    'cause I've seen reviews that say something different. Rocketfish 700 W Power Supply Review @ HardwareSecrets
    Rocketfish 700 W Power Supply Review @ HardOCP

You could grab the CPU/Cooler, MB and RAM from either of the recommended options from Bit-Tech in the August builds:
    Gaming Workhorse or Premium Player
  2. For 500, you can get a well balanced computer with AMD, the processors and the motherboards are cheaper. Which leaves more money for RAM.
  3. Computerrock1 said:
    For 500, you can get a well balanced computer with AMD, the processors and the motherboards are cheaper. Which leaves more money for RAM.

Any suggestions
  4. The cpu is very powerfull, the motherboard supports all the new peripherals with usb 3.0 and Sata 6.0 Gb/s, and the memory is top of the line.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product