TombRaider_3_:_Aldwych_–_Help

3 timed doors at Chancery Lane safe deposit box.

Is there anyway of getting into these three timed doors? I am having
no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
have any techniques to help me? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I am playing on PS2 so I am not able to use downloads.

Many thanks

OAP Lara

> Is there anyway of getting into these three timed doors? I am having
> no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
> have any techniques to help me? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I am playing on PS2 so I am not able to use downloads.

Press the button twice to get rid of the cut away scene.

For the far right door, you can run around the right side of the water,
there will be some splashing, but Lara will sprint at full speed.

You need to do the right door first anyway, then the middle and then the
left. For the middle door, I prefer running around the right side
of the water as well.

OAPLara wrote:
> 3 timed doors at Chancery Lane safe deposit box.
>
> Is there anyway of getting into these three timed doors? I am having
> no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
> have any techniques to help me? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I am playing on PS2 so I am not able to use downloads.
>
> Many thanks
>
> OAP Lara

You simply have to run to them. As you are watching the door opening,
you need to be already turning towards the tunnel. It is a rotten
puzzle, but it is possible.

JW

On 13 Jan 2005 09:48:58 -0800, carol.lechat@laposte.net (OAPLara)
wrote:

>3 timed doors at Chancery Lane safe deposit box.
>
>Is there anyway of getting into these three timed doors? I am having
>no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
>have any techniques to help me?

The left button opens the left door, the right one the two others.
Start with the left button. Make a roll und hurry into the passage.
Make jumps as often as possible. At the far end of the passage again a
roll and run and jump forward to the left door.

After passing the safe #1 you come back to the switches. Press the
right one and hurry as described to the middle door. After passing the
second safe again the right knob and to the right door.

Hope this helps. It's possible to make it, really.

Best regards
Klaus Petrat

Thanks for your help so far.

I will try again.

OAP Lara

OAPLara wrote:
> 3 timed doors at Chancery Lane safe deposit box.
>
> Is there anyway of getting into these three timed doors? I am having
> no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
> have any techniques to help me? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> I am playing on PS2 so I am not able to use downloads.
>
> Many thanks
>
> OAP Lara

I feel compelled to emphasize what John and Jeff mention.

**skip the cut scene**

or at least start running (blind) before its over. Without doing one or
the other, there just is not enough time. If you want to watch the
scene, press the button and just stand there (until it resets).

After many hours of "practice" (grrrrr), I can offer a few other pointers...

(1) Once you clear a door *stop* and save (if allowed on the PS2). You
can die in these rooms and then you have to do the run all over again.
(this happened to me the first time I actually made it in. Talk about
being frustrated!)

(2) Practice running around the room where the doors are. There are
obstacles in there that you need to be familiar with or they will slow
you down just enough to not make the door.

(3) only jump while running down the second (long) hallway just as you
round the corner and *maybe* in the "door room" depending on which door
you're trying to enter. If you jump first thing, you will almost always
hear Lara go "oof". ;) IIRC, a jump toward the right-hand door from the
room entrance will land you in the middle of that piece of "scrap" (or
whatever it is) and you won't make it.

(4) Calm down. I know that sounds kinda silly (or worse condescending)
but the only way I was ever able to make it was if I did not bump into
*anything*. Its more a question of making a perfect run than it is a
"fast" one. Running is fast enough to make it, you do not have to jump
unless you have already run into something, in which case I usually just
stopped and *walked* back to the switches (giving them time to reset).

(when I go back and play it now, its easy. Imagine that. Its because I
don't care if I make it like I did playing for the first time. I run
the run without hitting anything and I make it every time ... ok, not
*every* time)

(5) Even if you're just shy of making it in time and see the door
closing as you approach it, jump toward it! You never know when the
lousy collision detection will let you get in anyway. If you get there
before it is completely closed, run into what opening remains and keep
running forward as the door closes.

Geesh, kinda overkill as I re-read the above! I spent so much time
trying to get through there, I remember it as if it were yesterday!

--
PW

"Ken Latham" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> OAPLara wrote:
>> 3 timed doors at Chancery Lane safe deposit box. Is there anyway of
>> getting into these three timed doors? I am having
>> no luck making the run to the doors after pushing the buttons. Do you
>> have any techniques to help me? Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> I am playing on PS2 so I am not able to use downloads.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> OAP Lara
>
> I feel compelled to emphasize what John and Jeff mention.
>
> **skip the cut scene**
>
> or at least start running (blind) before its over. Without doing one or
> the other, there just is not enough time. If you want to watch the scene,
> press the button and just stand there (until it resets).
>
> After many hours of "practice" (grrrrr), I can offer a few other
> pointers...
>
> (1) Once you clear a door *stop* and save (if allowed on the PS2). You
> can die in these rooms and then you have to do the run all over again.
> (this happened to me the first time I actually made it in. Talk about
> being frustrated!)
>
> (2) Practice running around the room where the doors are. There are
> obstacles in there that you need to be familiar with or they will slow you
> down just enough to not make the door.
>
> (3) only jump while running down the second (long) hallway just as you
> round the corner and *maybe* in the "door room" depending on which door
> you're trying to enter. If you jump first thing, you will almost always
> hear Lara go "oof". ;) IIRC, a jump toward the right-hand door from the
> room entrance will land you in the middle of that piece of "scrap" (or
> whatever it is) and you won't make it.
>
> (4) Calm down. I know that sounds kinda silly (or worse condescending)
> but the only way I was ever able to make it was if I did not bump into
> *anything*. Its more a question of making a perfect run than it is a
> "fast" one. Running is fast enough to make it, you do not have to jump
> unless you have already run into something, in which case I usually just
> stopped and *walked* back to the switches (giving them time to reset).
>
> (when I go back and play it now, its easy. Imagine that. Its because I
> don't care if I make it like I did playing for the first time. I run the
> run without hitting anything and I make it every time ... ok, not *every*
> time)
>
> (5) Even if you're just shy of making it in time and see the door closing
> as you approach it, jump toward it! You never know when the lousy
> collision detection will let you get in anyway. If you get there before
> it is completely closed, run into what opening remains and keep running
> forward as the door closes.
>
> Geesh, kinda overkill as I re-read the above! I spent so much time trying
> to get through there, I remember it as if it were yesterday!

Me too...................it was one of the best days of my life when I got
through that 3rd door. ...:)

It was at this point, after playing all of tr1 and tr2,...that my husband
lost interest....always meaning to pick it up again and never did....4 yrs
plus on...:)